Man fined for drowning squirrel

High Scale

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't agree with killing squirrels. Let Darwins theory of survival of the fintess rule.

We should not interfere with nature.

Sorry but Eastern greys were imported so they are outside the Darwin bit. Greys really do kill small birds and damage trees - true so do Reds but the population ratio can be a 100-1 differance. This reflects on the small bird population.

I do my tree bit on a large estate but also do my vermin bit at peak in a year I have send 400+ Greys 'to a better place' now it's about 160 per year. using rifles and shotguns - it's instant but like with all shooting not always but I try my best. Greys have very thick skin so most air rifles don't have enough power nor do a moderated (subsonic) 12g cartridge, so I use the more expensive 32g game cartridges. Yes I kill alot of vermin but I take alot of care to reduce any suffering.

I'm not into drowning, it's too slow - go for a smack on the head but the RSPCA only allow 'one blow to the head' to me you either kill it or not. Part of the problem is the sale of 'live traps' it's illegal to release Greys the only way is to use an air gun to despatch to take them out, so I can see why some may be tempted to drop the cage into water.

The effect of killing hundreds of greys over the years is a large increase in the small bird population:thumbup:

Sorry but Eastern greys were imported so they are outside the Darwin bit. Greys really do kill small birds and damage trees - true so do Reds but the population ratio can be a 100-1 differance. This reflects on the small bird population.

I do my tree bit on a large estate but also do my vermin bit at peak in a year I have send 400+ Greys 'to a better place' now it's about 160 per year. using rifles and shotguns - it's instant but like with all shooting not always but I try my best. Greys have very thick skin so most air rifles don't have enough power nor do a moderated (subsonic) 12g cartridge, so I use the more expensive 32g game cartridges. Yes I kill alot of vermin but I take alot of care to reduce any suffering.

I'm not into drowning, it's too slow - go for a smack on the head but the RSPCA only allow 'one blow to the head' to me you either kill it or not. Part of the problem is the sale of 'live traps' it's illegal to release Greys the only way is to use an air gun to despatch to take them out, so I can see why some may be tempted to drop the cage into water.

The effect of killing hundreds of greys over the years is a large increase in the small bird population:thumbup:

still interfering with nature. when man steps in to change things it is interfering.

wouldn't be right to kill another human being because there are too many of there race and they are using up all resources.... so why is it right to kill a animal because it is a better design than another.

If a squirrel in verman then so is man!

still interfering with nature. when man steps in to change things it is interfering.

wouldn't be right to kill another human being because there are too many of there race and they are using up all resources.... so why is it right to kill a animal because it is a better design than another.

If a squirrel in verman then so is man!

I would have to agree. But until certain members of society are given the status of vermin ill stick to squirrels:sneaky2:

No, pure nitrogen

There has been a study done in which a scientist demonstrated breathing in pure nitrogen, no gagging nothing.

A journalist then tried it whilst wired up to monitors and a crash team on hand. They told him they were going to take him to the brink of death then take away the mask and give oxygen, he could hold the mask

He was extremely nervous about the whole thing and was very reluctant to hold the mask to his face. Eventually he did and commented he was not gagging for air, then he said it was quite nice actually, then they had to priy the mask off him because he didnt want to give it up, he was on a mega high and enjoying it despite being 5 seconds from death

Pure nitrogen

nitrogen narcosis, get it pretty much everytime you dive beneath 40m on compressed air. a great high similar to strong cannabis... :blushing: aparently