Much less wood than last time!!!

THE88MAN

Give me strength.I've a customer who has 2 cube of logs every summer,8" for an open fire.rings this year "could i have 10-12" as i now have a woodburner" "certainly madam",delivered on time on saturday,tipped outside garage for her to stack inside.proceeds to give me 10 quid less than last year adamant that was the price,so i let her off not being bothered to argue! she text me today "much less wood than last year,its not so high up the wall" i rang and explained it wouldn't be as the logs were longer, "that shouldn't make any difference" she said!! I've sold firewood for 20 years but this is a new one on me,she's a college lecturer,obviously not on physics :confused1: or maths :lol:

First mistake my friend is letting her get away with the tenner. I had the same issue as you at a local pub, after i'd unloaded the lady that was there told me that the landlord had told her not to pay the £60 for the van load that we'd agreed. I figured that the guy was taking the p*** out of me so i loaded up and took it all away again and when he did call i told him i wasn't that desperate for his money!! Sounds silly and a lot of work doing what i did but there is a principal at stake isn't there? You don't tell Tescos you're paying a tenner less than it says on the till do you?

oooohhhh that gets my goat, both comments

if they dont want to pay, they dont want the product

i had one customer that tried to stiff me for a tenner, so i took his money and then proceded to throw some logs back on..... he soon paid up

one lesson i have learnt is the next person to call will buy the logs, i cant be bothered with the haggling

when i buy my fuel at texaco i pay what it is on the pump.... no argument, no haggle no discount for cash

why should logs be any different

Edited by firewoodman
should put the light on so i can see what i'm typing

oooohhhh that gets my goat, both comments

if they dont want to pay, they dont want the product

i had one customer that tried to stiff me for a tenner, so i took his money and then proceded to throw some logs back on..... he soon paid up

one lesson i have learnt is the next person to call will buy the logs, i cant be bothered with the haggling

when i buy my fuel at texaco i pay what it is on the pump.... no argument, no haggle no discount for cash

why should logs be any different

Poor example there ... the man at Texaco will only be making 2 or 3p on that £1.20 sale before overheads and most of his customers will be on his back about the price .. belief me I`m an expert.

Poor example there ... the man at Texaco will only be making 2 or 3p on that £1.20 sale before overheads and most of his customers will be on his back about the price .. belief me I`m an expert.

sorry dave i know its personal to you, but the same would be if i bought milk or even a tv....... but i will haggle on a car......cos they expect that

First mistake my friend is letting her get away with the tenner. I had the same issue as you at a local pub, after i'd unloaded the lady that was there told me that the landlord had told her not to pay the £60 for the van load that we'd agreed. I figured that the guy was taking the p*** out of me so i loaded up and took it all away again and when he did call i told him i wasn't that desperate for his money!! Sounds silly and a lot of work doing what i did but there is a principal at stake isn't there? You don't tell Tescos you're paying a tenner less than it says on the till do you?

Good work mate. I'd have done the same.

The only thing I'll be doing this year is a tenner off if people buy 2 bags at the same time... it just saves so much time re delivery.

Other than this price wise they can take it or leave it. You will never keep everyone happy when selling logs so those sort of people can go elsewhere!