Rough valuation of this pile o' wood?

alex_m

P.s. - if you want a second round have an estimate of whats in the botex in the avatar - yr old sycamore / wych elm / birch & a bit of oak - all 2.2m nominal & 1 yr old (been piled in the wood) :001_smile:

im gonna have a random guess at 5 ton!!!!! [with drinking, without calculating!!!]:001_tt2:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's about 35ft by 20ft by 8ft, half has been outdoor seasoned for 2 yrs, the rest from 2yrs-recently cut. Various hardwood, mainly ash, syc, cherry, oak, elm

various lengths and widths. taking up way too much space in the yard and we don't sell nearly enough firewood to warrant keeping it all.

corner of transit for scale :biggrin:

if its 8ft high i'm wondering why i can see those 6x6 panels behind it :lol:

What would you do with it???????

burn it? sell it on?

sorry dave, couldn't resist it.:001_tongue:

if its an inconvience to you, and because of the sized bits, id be happy for someone to come and collect, do everything without me lifting a finger and chuck some beer money at me :thumbup:

Suffolk Forestry, welcome to the forum, whats youre name??? i was dragged up in leiston

I'm about to start myself - in about 2 hours I'll convince myself its a 5T pile and offer £50 for the lot. I wonder if he'll be tempted, lets hope he's been drinking too?

What would you do with it???????

good question huck, it is arb logs after all, must be for habitat piles then as it could be rotten and diseased:sneaky2:

Edited by firewoodman

P.s. - if you want a second round have an estimate of whats in the botex in the avatar - yr old sycamore / wych elm / birch & a bit of oak - all 2.2m nominal & 1 yr old (been piled in the wood) :001_smile:

i recon 12ton if fresh cut so will go for 9 ton

as for the pile of firewood, its worth what you want it to be worth, if you sell it yourself as fierwood, youll make a good return, if you want rid quick, get some offers in, it cant be all crane picked up, looks like it needs all handballing, so either into back of a tranny and lots of trips or someone with a grab wagon to pick up, either way id say youve got about 12 -15 tonne may be more, no way of knowing unless you go over a weighbridge with the loads, there at say £35 if someone comes to pick up (Mrs. L. guessing - i may be wrong will askMr. for his opinion when he gets in - im guessing with the knowledge of what our 12t trailer unloaded looks like, but then again thats all straight stuff in one long run

to be honest mate, and i have processed arb logs for years, it is a lot of work and takes a lot longer than the nice forestry stuff at 8 ft long and 10-12" diam which is fast, very fast

and with the added hastle of having to move it in such small lengths, where it does'nt stack nicely and is full of air, just adds to the woes.

i wont tell you what i would pay you for it, but i will tell you that if you sold it for seasoned firewood, you would not fail to sell out and you would make a lot more money than what it is worth now just sitting there, and slightly more than what it would go for un-processed

good luck mate, i wish you all the best

rekon you got 60 processed cube there too