Rough valuation of this pile o' wood?

alex_m

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did score well in my aritmetic (better than english) exam at school, a long time ago now I know but doesn't a cut down pile to 11m X 6m X 2m = 132m3. Estimating air space at half leaves about 60m3 for wood. Taking part seasoned hardwood at about 500kg/m3 = around 30T.

Maybe I need to turn to my calculator for help?

Edited by baz
typo

I did score well in my aritmetic (better than english) exam at school, a long time ago now I know but doesn't a cut down pile to 11m X 6m X 2m = 132m3. Estimating air space at half leaves about 60m3 for wood. Taking part seasoned hardwood at about 500kg/m3 = around 30T.

I did say that I was drinking :biggrin:

I did say that I was drinking :biggrin:

I'm about to start myself - in about 2 hours I'll convince myself its a 5T pile and offer £50 for the lot. I wonder if he'll be tempted, lets hope he's been drinking too?

I'm about to start myself - in about 2 hours I'll convince myself its a 5T pile and offer £50 for the lot. I wonder if he'll be tempted, lets hope he's been drinking too?

I did 10.76 x 6 and then x .24 instead of 2.4 and the moral of this is always buy firewood after a drink :biggrin:

when you turn to your calculator make an estimate of the missed volume - the pile max dimensions may be as listed but the pile is not full over all the dimensions.

18T £550 for a local buyer - looks too small to crane, unless you have some kind of loader will have to be removed piecemeal:001_smile:

mac

P.s. - if you want a second round have an estimate of whats in the botex in the avatar - yr old sycamore / wych elm / birch & a bit of oak - all 2.2m nominal & 1 yr old (been piled in the wood) :001_smile:

Edited by muldonach