This is getting beyond a joke

Dean Lofthouse

I've had well over 40 phone calls this week from Telesales

0845's 0844's one that constantly keeps ring is 0091502

With this last number I asked them to take me off their list, then someone told me to hurl abuse at them and they'd take me off the list, I then tried racist comments, silence, then just answering the phone and leaving it connected.

Each operator that rings is blissfully unaware that I have verbally abused the last caller so this time I'm going to play along with them, keep them on the phone for as long as I can and get them to send out bumf and information to cost them as much as possible.

If everyone did this to telesales operators, the Post office would be booming and create jobs and telesales companies would go bust

I have also done the registirng my phone as ex directory and tried the call filtering. I also know of lots of people that have registered not to receive these calls but still do.

It really is getting silly, I recon yesterday, between my mobile and the house phone we had 15 calls in 3 hours at around tea time.

Time to mess them about me thinks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one yesterday, i said to the guy i was working with i bet these try and sell me something, So shes going on with herself about do i want more work and how she can get me loads of new contacts, I had her on speaker and my mate i was working, out of the blue, At the TOP of his voice, Went, AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH GET OFF MEEEEEEE, HES TRYING TO UNDO MY PANTS, AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH, I was as shocked as she was :lol::lol:

Have you registered with the telephone preference service' date=' Dean?[/quote']

I know people that are nige and they still get calls. They said it worked ok for the first few weeks then slowly but gradually the calls start again. But it is the unscrupulous callers that ring you back straight away if you put the phone down on them.

One rung me back three times after I racially abused him the second time until I told him I was a leading member of the BNP with links to Combat 18, he didn't ring back after that. (disclaimer: I am not racist and have no links with any of the above organisations )

One other rang so I picked up the phone, put it on loud speaker and just carried on what I was doing. I could hear them putting the phone down at their end and picking it up again, it wouldn't cut off from their end and I could here them trying to transfer the line again and again, it jammed their lines.

They must have been working from a little office with a few of them, so I left the phone on till the battery went flat :001_smile:

Sometimes if you take out an advert somewhere you get put on a mug list. They pass it round all their sister companies.

Another silly mistake to avoid:blushing:is to fill in one of those online consumer surveys. That led to calls here for about 18 months.

The TPS does seem to work well but not 100%. I think one outfit has finally got the message that we don't want a holiday home in Florida.

another fun childish one is to repeat them word for word until they are bored..:thumbup:

haha. i get around three calls a day, i've started saving the numbers in my mobile as "no" and "dont answer" etc... that catches some of em but there seems to be new numbers every day! and some are on private numbers so i have to answer incase its a customer! does me head in.:thumbdown: