problem with HAIX boots.

matt.p

I bet you that it is not the lining but sawdust which has got in where the lowest line of your laces have rubbed through the leather. I would take them back as this is a not uncommon problem. :001_smile:

I had exactly this with sawdust build up.

I have also had 6 pairs where the sole has split in one or both boots along the side where the steel plate sits inside, all after less than 6 months wear. It is difficult to complain too loudly as Haix and/or their dealers have replaced them each time but I can't bring myself to buy another pair unless the design has changed as it is now embarrassing. This is unfortunate as I really like these boots - they are otherwise very well made and extremely comfortable.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI ALL would not be better off emailing HAIX HEAD OFFICE im sure they will fix you up ok better to do it that then come on to the NET AND RUN THEM DOWN THANKS JON :thumbup:

If you'd gone through all the "trouble" avantgardener had you'd be lived mate!......I'm not saying you would "run them down" mind.

I bought a pair of Haix Protector Xtreme less than 8 months ago and worn them sparingly. They are the most expensive boots I have ever bought and I will never buy Haix again.

The soles have crumbled away and there is an obvious problem with the rubber moulding.

Been on to Haix who have passed the buck to the seller, when was the producer not responsible for the quality of its own production?

Still waiting to hear back from the seller, like waiting for Godot.

I have had various boots over the years, none have cost this much and all have outperformed them, Haix, you would do better to avoid at this price.

HI MATE hows it going with your BOOTS mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Still waiting to hear from Haix. The seller has put a claim in for a replacement pair, nothing yet, wearing my 2 year old pair of Meindl till then, thankfully it is great weather, hope I get something sorted before the next wet week, will keep you posted.

HI MATE just keep on to them mate in a nice way:thumbup1: all the best with it jon :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

6 weeks ago I got my self some haix protector alpin's @ £277 I thort these were going to be the muts nuts

How wrong was I.

I have warn them every day for the last 6 weeks and still not broke them in stiff little b*****ds. I noticed today the rubber upper is of the sole is peeling off and there not water proof at all

Any one got any and having the same problems or are haix just sh*t now

Sent from hell