Police incompetence!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have lost my job then through my actions, I would have glady resigned knowing I had used my common sense and risked my own life to save others. Not hidden spinelessly behind rules for fear of having a book thrown at me whilst I stood there watching helpless people being slaughtered

Interesting debate.

I agree that disabling the vehicle (preferably in an isolated location) would be a priority but I don’t think it would be about losing your job. More likely would be losing your life.

My luck would get me killed disabling the vehicle, surviving just long enough to see the shooter carjack the next thing on wheels that passes.

I think it would be a worthwhile effort but if you were going to do it you would have to at least kick your passenger out beforehand.

Interesting debate.

I agree that disabling the vehicle (preferably in an isolated location) would be a priority but I don’t think it would be about losing your job. More likely would be losing your life.

My luck would get me killed disabling the vehicle, surviving just long enough to see the shooter carjack the next thing on wheels that passes.

I think it would be a worthwhile effort but if you were going to do it you would have to at least kick your passenger out beforehand.

One thing I am bad for is not turning the other cheek and never think of my own safety.

If I was going to ram him he wouldn't walk away I assure you and I probably wouldn't either, I would have waited till he emptied his barrels and gone for it, either mow him down or ram him side on as fast as I dare.

The mugging I witnessed last year..... if I was driving I would have run them down without a thought, as it happened I had the car door open trying to get out to them driving along side, our lass wouldn't slow down because she knows what I,m like.

I have no fear of firearms and on the spur of the moments no fear of losing my life

I would have lost my job then through my actions, I would have glady resigned knowing I had used my common sense and risked my own life to save others. Not hidden spinelessly behind rules for fear of having a book thrown at me whilst I stood there watching helpless people being slaughtered

Me too!!!!

You both missed your vocations in life.

Get to copper training school.:thumbup:

No doubt the police should have and could have done more but I bet loads of them are sick and tired of being reprimanded, sacked etc when they do take things further than they should.

Really there shouldnt have been a mad man with a shotgun and rifle on the loose.

Did he own the guns or steal them?

He owned the guns legally mate.

Another point this thread made me realise was that Sellafield has a fully armed police force 24/7 and he drove right past there.

Was too late for most of the victims by then of course, but surely they could have been mobilised ?

No doubt the police should have and could have done more but I bet loads of them are sick and tired of being reprimanded, sacked etc when they do take things further than they should.

Really there shouldnt have been a mad man with a shotgun and rifle on the loose.

Did he own the guns or steal them?

If you join the police you should join it to uphold the law a safety of the public, and if you cannot do that using the loss of your job as an excuse, then in my opinion you are f-ing spineless. Are you seriously trying to excuse their lack of attempts at action with their potential job loss as a valid reason????????

I very much doubt that they would have lost their jobs if they had stopped him, however they had done it short of causing more death...

And of course there shouldnt have been a madman on the loose, but guess what- he was a madman, and NO amount of legislation or anything else will EVER stop that.

I always believed that the UK police would put them selves in harms way to protect the public, how very naive I was.

The fact that this took almost 3 hours, 12 people where killed and others injured, but not one police officer was even slightly injured, speaks volumes too me.

If you join the police you should join it to uphold the law a safety of the public, and if you cannot do that using the loss of your job as an excuse, then in my opinion you are f-ing spineless. Are you seriously trying to excuse their lack of attempts at action with their potential job loss as a valid reason????????

I very much doubt that they would have lost their jobs if they had stopped him, however they had done it short of causing more death...

And of course there shouldnt have been a madman on the loose, but guess what- he was a madman, and NO amount of legislation or anything else will EVER stop that.

This man speaketh the truth.

The media are trying to make a story out of nothing, its out of order.