Recreational climbing

Steve Bullman

I seem to get loads of people asking me to take them rec climbing ,only taken about 2 though in last 14 years...been on a few midnight excersions to take some mistletoe for local pubs on some big populars wich was a laugh,made a zip line the other weekend and got to throw next doors misses out a cage!

Image002-2.jpg[/img]

was it you or her who face planted into the tree when ya told me about that Matty?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

I wanna go tree camping in Oregon! You can climb a massive Douglas Fir and spend the day climbing around in the tree and then set up a hammock at 250ft. and sleep up there! They even send you breakfast up! costs about $500 tho.

Check out this site folks!http://www.pacifictreeclimbing.com/

WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF WHEN I FOUND THIS COMPANY WAS THE FACT THAT I HAD DROVE A FEW MILES PAST THEIR HEADQUARTERS A FEW MONTHS PREVIOUS WITH A FELLOW ARBORIST AFTER FLYING OVER TO SEE THE REDWOODS!!! :-( I SUPPOSE IT JUST MEANS I HAVE TO GO BACK!!!! :-)

Ed

• 11 months later...

Now im not climbing for money or very rarely, which is really starting to P me off, Im trying to rec climb as much as possible just to keep my hand in. what the future holds for whether i'll be climbing for money properly again or not I dont know, but I shall continue climbing for fun, because theres nothing like it.

i have the greatest intentions but never seem to go

was thinking about competing this year and thought i should start going on the weekends but it hasnt happend yet

You got the ideal place down there John,

How would the Forestry Comission take 20 blokes swinging around the great oaks on a sunny saturday afternoon?

aye go for a rec climb every chance aye get cant beat it no pressure great exercise and a get some experance being a young climber and all that. a need to find some big trees at 100ft plus so a can get some adrenaline pumping and also to get some great pic for the photo album.

you dont get many big trees in my area. iv'e got a mate down in the london area i'm going to visit soon and he's going to take me up some monsters so he tells me can't wait.

also going up to benn nevis in the summer time for a lads weekend so am taking the gear with me and climb the biggest tree a can find hip hee