Lifelong learning- A costly affair?

It took me many many years to finally get to where I wanted to be. I took jobs I didnt want to do to keep earning. I dont have a degree in anything, that was not part of my personal quest. I have been unhappy with my lot in the past, but now I have what I was seeking for (whatever it was!) But I'm no longer the young pup, ideals change, needs change. Its not always about money, but being happy and content. I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be one day Tony, and we all have times where the dreams feel as if they are being quashed. In your shoes, I would get out there, get the work you want, do the work the way you want to see it done, even if its just you and a lad. You should then be able to earn more money in 3 days than in a full week working for another, thus be able to afford to do the courses you wish to take, and the time to study for them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd second what Andy and others have said about striking out on your own,

it'll bring it's own complications but rewards as well hopefully, and ultimately the ability to structure your week as required.

Like you I want to do the degree but know I daren't start until i've put other things in place, priorities I guess, but working for myself gives me the ability to plan toward it.

Hama keep the faith man, you can and will acheive all you desire, you have it in you, I know you do, you've been an inspiration to me and others:thumbup:

ita worse if you have cuts on your fingers, nippy nippy

The stinging, I believe, is caused by petrol (monster munch's secret and most important ingredient).

It's not 2 stroke though, that would just be silly.

Ha ha. Tell you what then; we'll both apply for the same job. Then when you're given it you can laugh when the new boss tells you what an ignorant tit the other applicant was!

Be my guest, you'll find the job advert in the employment section of the forum.

Anyone else? :001_smile:

This is such a crap situation to be in, you have such knowledge, perhaps you could start taking people out on your wanderings in the country side and charge something for your wonderful know how?

Perhaps as monkey'd says approach capel or merrist wood and take people on field trips, or even consultancy work where perhaps the director of the company would authorise your findings? I know of a consultancy firm in yorkshire who work in the south east who could probably use you, pm me and I will pass you their details back. They are real nice guys.

Its funny, i was actualy considering offering to "guide" forays for any of you lot that wanted to join me on my walks. I have avoided it as a subject due to those that would accuse me of thinking above my station!

for anyone who would "enjoy" this, PM or say on here and your more than welcome to join me, and I can assure you i will do my utmost to show you anything you ask. FREE

Its funny, i was actualy considering offering to "guide" forays for any of you lot that wanted to join me on my walks. I have avoided it as a subject due to those that would accuse me of thinking above my station!

for anyone who would "enjoy" this, PM or say on here and your more than welcome to join me, and I can assure you i will do my utmost to show you anything you ask. FREE

Free???? Have I taught you nothing?