Lifelong learning- A costly affair?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think you prob have another 32 years of work before retirement age so its deffo not too late to for a change of career!!

Tbh with the state of the economy I woulda thought the government would be putting money into retraining, there must be something out there.

Good luck, hope you can find it.:thumbup1:

well, with only 1 day left to re enrol for the second year I thanks to a member on here (you know who you are, and i owe you bigtime) and early part payment for a big survey i carried out i managed to secure some of my fees on the FdSc for another year.

Im gambling with it to be honest, even though theyve allowed me 10 instalments rather than 8 for the years fees its going to be touch and go, but you gotta be in it to win it as they say.

I am going to have to pull my socks up too, as i was a really bad student last year! lol

hello tony just been reading through i think you have every right to feel down i have only been climbing ten years now but i have gone from thinking it was just a job right at the start to know looking at tree work as a way of life i have people on one side tell me why do you do it the money is not great and its hard work but find it nice when the customers like the end result i know i am talking about pruning but i have had the same kind of battles hope saturday cheers you up mate see you then

hello tony just been reading through i think you have every right to feel down i have only been climbing ten years now but i have gone from thinking it was just a job right at the start to know looking at tree work as a way of life i have people on one side tell me why do you do it the money is not great and its hard work but find it nice when the customers like the end result i know i am talking about pruning but i have had the same kind of battles hope saturday cheers you up mate see you then

Thanks andrew, things are looking up a bit, now a second year is semi secured:001_huh: As for sat looking forward to it, though bit concerend at just what everyones expecting from it, just hope I deliver!

though Ive got david to back me up so even if i fail miserably I can run a way and leave david to it! :lol:

Just kidding david!:biggrin:

Should be a good day though, if they enjoy it half as much as i always do it will be great.:thumbup:

: As for sat looking forward to it, though bit concerend at just what everyones expecting from it, just hope I deliver!

though Ive got david to back me up so even if i fail miserably I can run a way and leave david to it! :lol:

Just kidding david!:biggrin:

Should be a good day though, if they enjoy it half as much as i always do it will be great.:thumbup:

I can speak for myself but i'm sure I speak for others too. I'm not expecting nothing except a wander in a great wood with like minded people. Yes i will be hungry for knowledge but will take what is offered and will ask questions but very informally. Dont worry tony it will be a good day.....unless of course you really are a fungal charlatan and the woods are sparse and all these photos you have been posting are from another site!!:sneaky2:

I can speak for myself but i'm sure I speak for others too. I'm not expecting nothing except a wander in a great wood with like minded people. Yes i will be hungry for knowledge but will take what is offered and will ask questions but very informally. Dont worry tony it will be a good day.....unless of course you really are a fungal charlatan and the woods are sparse and all these photos you have been posting are from another site!!:sneaky2:

Yes it will be a good day, im really looking forward to it, its nice having the woods all to myself but its just on a different level when your sharing the moment, i hope we find a few "specials" to cap the day off a treat:001_cool:

The perenniporia is looking stunning on the beech with a new fresh sorbet coloured layer going on, and a beautifully lemon yellow lip to it, simply stunning, on the oak its average, got some nice Phelinus on willow (species uncertain) and Im pretty certain the larch boletes will still be going strong, i also have a special suprise for the day!:001_cool: