Makita Chainsaw?

rovers90

Good morning everybody,

Further to my previous question, I am in the process of setting up a firewood business and am looking at purchasing a chainsaw for tidying timber up before processing it. Having seen the price second hand Stihls go for on e-bay I can purchase a new Makita DCS500 for £325. I actually used this saw on the recent CS30 and CS31 course that I did and in my very limited knowledge and experience it seemed fine and did everything the Stihls the other lads were using did. Has any body got any views on the Makita gleened from their experiences?

Thanks very much

Derek

Good morning everybody,

Further to my previous question, I am in the process of setting up a firewood business and am looking at purchasing a chainsaw for tidying timber up before processing it. Having seen the price second hand Stihls go for on e-bay I can purchase a new Makita DCS500 for £325. I actually used this saw on the recent CS30 and CS31 course that I did and in my very limited knowledge and experience it seemed fine and did everything the Stihls the other lads were using did. Has any body got any views on the Makita gleened from their experiences?

Thanks very much

Derek

Never used one myself but there seem to be quite a few people who like them. Sure people with opinions worth listening too will be along shortly:thumbup1:

Makita.....made by Dolmar in Germany,one of the the longest established chainsaw manufacturers going!

if ya aint already gathered i rate them,yes parts and service can be a bit of a problem but i work on my own saws so ok for me.

My current saws :

Sachs Dolmar 111

Sachs Dolmar 115

Stihl 038 Magnum

Dolmar 6400

Makita DCS 7900

I expect the backlash from the Stihl and Husky boys!! :thumbup:

Makita.....made by Dolmar in Germany,one of the the longest established chainsaw manufacturers going!

if ya aint already gathered i rate them,yes parts and service can be a bit of a problem but i work on my own saws so ok for me.

My current saws :

Sachs Dolmar 111

Sachs Dolmar 115

Stihl 038 Magnum

Dolmar 6400

Makita DCS 7900

I expect the backlash from the Stihl and Husky boys!! :thumbup:

no kickback from this stihl boy.....:001_tt2: must be a makita thing....:lol: