Is it possible to have too many chainsaws?

swinny

Evening all

Silly question really :blushing: but is it possible to have too many chainsaws in your opinion? How many do you currently have and actually use and do you keep spares etc?

Was thinking of thinning out my small collection but was wondering what the general opinion was of saws to cover the different areas they are needed for

yes,and my better half sez so ,current list off current in use saws is,020,023,026,029,032,341,039,044,064,066,088!and i dont do tree work full time.saws not in current use 171ss,08,3120.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nout wrong with that and if you ever have an apprentice or simliar something great to start with but after a while its get tiersome of using something so piss poor.

But the other saw are fine mate nout wrong with em how many people do wyou work with /employ/ work for?

currently work for a landscape gardener, usually hard landscaping etc, we do get some tree jobs etc but we have a friend that comes to do them, i'm just getting into this area of work and am only 21 so i'm at the bottom of the ladder but keen and a hard grafter :)

got the obvious ms200t,200,260,460,170,pole saw,ech0 270t(tiny topper),& husk3120.

That covers the work saws,but I run an 010 av for chugging fun!

curious to know what use you have for the 170 i take it you mean stihl ms170? if you don't mind me asking?

curious to know what use you have for the 170 i take it you mean stihl ms170? if you don't mind me asking?

No worries mate,I use it for the ocasional root snip if I cant grind and have to winch,snedding windblowns in water(canal work),and anything else where I wouldt want to mess up the 200,& yes ms170:blushing:It just keeps on going,and taking the abuse.:001_rolleyes::biggrin:

well current list is:

020t

200t

i was thinking of getting shut of the 017 and 023, but its handy to have a cheaper saw for fence posts etc was not sure weather to keep the 390 or not as the 044 is leagues ahead, or just to keep as backup? or get some maintenance parts for the other saws etc and different size guide bars

Thing is realistically how much are the 390 the 017 and the 023 worth? Not a lot I'd have thought.... Hence probably more to you to keep them. I'd keep the 020s the 26 and 44 for decent tree work. Then have one of the others for fencing or general bits n bobs, that stays together with that kind of stuff. Another for a chipper/crap stuff saw etc and lending out. There you go now you've got purpose for them you can justify keeping them!!

R

200T, 230 and a 362.....think i need to shop....

230 is for loaning to groundie... and for stuff i dont want to screw the 362 on,,,, it's actually a good little light saw as long as she's kept sharp...