One for silky Zubat

treemeup

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forget the sawpod and keep it on your harness. The position of the sawpod on your leg means that more often than not your rope will hook itself between your leg and your silky handle and stay there. Don't tie your saw on through the hole in the handle as the length of cord you would need to reach out with your saw means you'll have a hanging, tangling mess of cord when it's stowed in it's sheath.

Tape the clip with electrical tape to stop it popping out.

Wrap electrical tape around the blade end of the handle where it fits into the sheath to make it fit snugly when stowed. It doesn't have to be tight, just snug. I have a gomtaro and 3-4 wraps does fine.

Forget the sawpod and keep it on your harness. The position of the sawpod on your leg means that more often than not your rope will hook itself between your leg and your silky handle and stay there. Don't tie your saw on through the hole in the handle as the length of cord you would need to reach out with your saw means you'll have a hanging, tangling mess of cord when it's stowed in it's sheath.

Tape the clip with electrical tape to stop it popping out.

Wrap electrical tape around the blade end of the handle where it fits into the sheath to make it fit snugly when stowed. It doesn't have to be tight, just snug. I have a gomtaro and 3-4 wraps does fine.

Don't need really long cord if you find the bungee stuff like a telephone cord.

Hi

I had the same problem when i first used my silky so i have drilled a hole through the handle and attached a arms length piece of string plus a bit more for stretching.

This is then attached to a karabiner which also attaches to the sleeve and is secured to a rear connection on your belt.

If it falls out of you hand it easily pulled back up by the attached string.

Hope this helps

Hi

I had the same problem when i first used my silky so i have drilled a hole through the handle and attached a arms length piece of string plus a bit more for stretching.

This is then attached to a karabiner which also attaches to the sleeve and is secured to a rear connection on your belt.

If it falls out of you hand it easily pulled back up by the attached string.

Hope this helps

Firstly the silky zubat has a hole on the handle so there's no need to drill. Secondly, you haven't read the rest of the posts have you? Haha.

just to throw it out there.

i use a gomataro.if you find this falls out far too easily like me then nick the handle off a zubat and swap over with the gomataro.fits nice and snug without any mods.

only found out when i tried using a zubat and didnt like it prefering instead the gomataro type blade which i went back to.