chipper hours !

defenderjack

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends if its been looked after, serviced etc.

Cars on 80k can run like dogs if they are not looked after, same as cars with 200k on can run sweet as a nut if they are.

Spot on mate...

You should, when buying a chipper, still ask to see a service record

As said,it depends on the make and model of the machine,what it has been used for,ie hired out daily and its service history.

Not all Chippers are built the same.Not all chippers can or are greased daily for example.

In my experiance Entec's are pretty lightly built.

Shouldnt the answer be more dependant upon make/model of machine:confused1:

As said,it depends on the make and model of the machine,what it has been used for,ie hired out daily and its service history.

Not all Chippers are built the same.Not all chippers can or are greased daily for example.

In my experiance Entec's are pretty lightly built.

Thats what i was getting at, 1000hrs on a JoBo is a different thing to a Vermeer or Jenson

one of mine is 16 yrs old and has 2400 hrs on it a vermeer 1250t,over here you would consider this lightly worked,you do see this model still avaliable but generally have over 4000 hrs on them

mine still chips a beauty but the clutch engagement feels knackered

To put things into an understandable way you can equate 1 hours running to 60 miles on a car, so 1000 hours equates to 60,000 mile

err no

250 to 300 hours generally equates to 10000km or ~6211miles in servicing of machines which clock up both distance & hours,

otherwise using your method a 250 hour service would equate to 15000miles which would require a SHPD/UHPD long drain oil, bigger filters able to cope with the particle load from combustion or auxiliary centrifuge filters which are empted mid service interval.

;)

A thing to check on them old entecs is the fins on the back of the flywheel, which create the blast to blow the chip out.

Theres a little hatch you can take off and stick yer hand in and check for broken fins. Or down the shute apparently. Don't do this with the engine running obviously.

If any are missing it can screw the bearing. Probably ok on this one as its had the bearing done recently, but no harm looking.

err no

250 to 300 hours generally equates to 10000km or ~6211miles in servicing of machines which clock up both distance & hours,

otherwise using your method a 250 hour service would equate to 15000miles which would require a SHPD/UHPD long drain oil, bigger filters able to cope with the particle load from combustion or auxiliary centrifuge filters which are empted mid service interval.

;)

You have totally lost me, I haven't got a clue what your saying :confused1:

They should be serviced every 100 hours or 12 monthly whichever comes first ????