Chainsaw trouser poll

Steve Bullman

What chainsaw trousers are you wearing to climb in?  

448 members have voted

1. 1. What chainsaw trousers are you wearing to climb in?

• Stihl Type A
    • Stihl Type C
    • Stretch-air Type A
    • Stretch-air Type C
    • SIP Type A
    • SIP Type C
    • Husqvarna Type A
    • Husqvarna Type C
    • Other Type A
    • Other Type C

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a steatch air wearing for a few yrs now. Type A. Someone I work for has got the new sipp ( green ones) & rates them. I used to like sipp untill the black with rainbow stitchin ones came out (they fell to bits in no time imo) mite go back that way for my next pair though as they are alot lighter than the streatch air & looks as if they will have the durability of the SA. Let alone the £40 less too..

Wearing hi-flex C's and advanced A's at the moment. I was going to get some more at apf until I saw the stein ones. Looked really good to me (very stretch air like with a few tweaks. Anyone else see them and what did u think. Was told they will be available early next year at a decent price.

Would love to give them a test/review (hint hint FS) :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in need of some and read all this thread and still don't know what to get. We always wear stihl hi flex bit I'm sick of them dropping to bits mine are ripped from the belt at the back all the way to the zip at the front! And the zip is nakered gonna try stretch airs or stein ones I think not heard much about the Oregon ones?

I'm in need of some and read all this thread and still don't know what to get. We always wear stihl hi flex bit I'm sick of them dropping to bits mine are ripped from the belt at the back all the way to the zip at the front! And the zip is nakered gonna try stretch airs or stein ones I think not heard much about the Oregon ones?

hi Lorry , i used to were Stihl hi-flex and got sick and fed up of them falling to bits too . since then i have been using Stretch Air and have found them to be amazing , im currently using a pair of type A glads (is not winter down in cornwall yet) and have found them to be a great pair of trousers all round , i do believe you can get the glad's in either type A or C . I alos have a pair of standard type C stretch airs (for when winter finally gets here) and last winter i could not fault them at all but this winter i think i will buy a pair of type c glads as they are even harder wearing and more watter repelant . My only advice is if you get a pair of stretch airs get a pair of stretch air braces NOT stihl or husky etc - they are not elasticated enough as you nedd to wear the trousers with the waist band on you waist (not like you have got snoop doggs bis ass baggy pants on that sit just below your arse cheeks)

any way hope this is of usefull info to you mate

Stretch Air for me Lorry. You won't go back.

Dave (CTS) summed it up, and the zip problem has been sorted apparently.

The only problem is I think they are like rocking horse poo to get hold of at the mo.

I found Hiflex comfy (but tight!), but exploded after exactly 4 months 2 days and 3 hours, or looking a Hawthorn in the face.