Chainsaw trouser poll

Steve Bullman

What chainsaw trousers are you wearing to climb in?  

448 members have voted

1. 1. What chainsaw trousers are you wearing to climb in?

• Stihl Type A
    • Stihl Type C
    • Stretch-air Type A
    • Stretch-air Type C
    • SIP Type A
    • SIP Type C
    • Husqvarna Type A
    • Husqvarna Type C
    • Other Type A
    • Other Type C

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The zip issue is almost invariably sorted by wearing braces. According to one supplier on here, those with zip probs didnt wear them. I stand corrected if you do wear braces tho!!!

i would go along with that arguement. ive found the lower the trousers the more strain on the groin so i either wear a belt or braces these days :thumbup1:

Been rocking a pair of stretch air gladiators for around 2 years now, still in nice nick. Within a week all the buttons for the braces had gone so I've been using them with a belt ever since, no problems with the zip...?

Also have a pair of hiflex c's, bought them for climbing, don't like them so much. Pockets are awfull too, no use for putting a lighter in.

I believe Pfanner have sorted the zip problem in the latest edition of the Stretch Airs.

A trip to the launderette fixing service and £15 sorted mine.

They are expensive, but anything else is second best.

Six pairs of ripped to bits Hiflex without a usable pocket between them taught me that.

strech airs at the moment , but only because i have knackered my hi flex's. i find the strechairs far hotter and not as comfy as the hi flex . however they are much harder waering.

i like the tighter fit of the hi flex in comparison too. easier to get your harness on and off without the leg loops getting cought.

Husqvarna Type A Class 2 - bought for winter use as they were on sale locally.

No real complaints. Warm as they're class 2 - but that's the reason I bought them.

Stood up fairly well to the dreaded sitka last winter - and owing to the amount of sap they're full of as a result, are now pretty water resistant too!

I would say though that the material in the arse of them is pretty thin, so expect that's what'll do for them in the long run - another reason not to spend too much time sitting down....

I use Stihl Forestwear Classics, They are warm, but I like my legs very much! I have used them for a year and a bit and they seem pretty tough. I dont climb in them but I use them maybe once a week (:thumbdown:) at the moment. They are comfy for what I do but I dont climb in them, so cant help there, but I dont think I would swap them.

atb,

• 4 weeks later...