training costs?

i done cs30 + cs31 last month and paid £565 through manchester city council got assessment next week so i hope i pass ! then doing cs37 +38 next month at a cost of£490 both prices inc assessments. good luck !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i done cs30 + cs31 last month and paid £565 through manchester city council got assessment next week so i hope i pass ! then doing cs37 +38 next month at a cost of£490 both prices inc assessments. good luck !

RossJ - surely your doing CS38 & 39 ?

- I believe CS37 no longer exists

Bite the bullet and pay....but make sure you pass if poss....Its the cocktail to success IMO....Clearly you can and must gain experience from those quals' onward but it is up to you to build on your resume. I have paid for most all my own qualifications...you will get nowhere waiting for your employer to get it together in general... good luck!

I would like to reiterate my point. the tickets you describe will make you ultimately employable....dont let em tell otherwise bro'

As the owner of Kingswood Training I noticed this discussion with interest, and would like to comment as follows:

I first took my tickets over 20 years ago, and I paid £100 per day for the training then. As a Lantra instructor and NPTC assessor I charge exactly the same figure now. This is a fairly standard rate which has not changed in 2 decades! However, unlike the training I received then, ours takes place in a high quality, purpose-built training centre which was staggeringly expensive to build. There are a couple of other reasons for cost variations - we have to charge vat, and many colleges which are 'not-for-profit' do not. Also, assessment costs, which are not set by us, do vary from area to area, although I have no idea why!

We could keep our costs down in a number of ways, but we have no interest in cutting corners. We only ever teach 4 people at a time, we have top instructors (I insist that they have many years of industry experience, are Lantra qualified and are also all NPTC assessors), we register all our courses with Lantra, and we can also provide good quality saws, PPE, climbing equipment etc. In short, we provide the best possible training package that we can, and I am pleased to say that our results speak for themselves. In the past 6 months our pass rates for NPTC assessments are in the high 90's - about 97% I think.

I apologise if this reads like an advert - it wasn't supposed to! I just wanted to point out that, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. It is very heartening to read the many positive comments about us on this site, and I would like to close by wishing every future success to the many people who we have helped to get started in this great career.

As Confucius really did say - 'Choose a job you love and you will never do a days work in your life'

When I did mine about 7 years ago it was partially paid by the European Social Fund, this was arranged by the colledge and was available to all students who were employed at the time. I dont know if its still available but if it is its worth having.

As the owner of Kingswood Training I noticed this discussion with interest, and would like to comment as follows:

I first took my tickets over 20 years ago, and I paid £100 per day for the training then. As a Lantra instructor and NPTC assessor I charge exactly the same figure now. This is a fairly standard rate which has not changed in 2 decades! However, unlike the training I received then, ours takes place in a high quality, purpose-built training centre which was staggeringly expensive to build. There are a couple of other reasons for cost variations - we have to charge vat, and many colleges which are 'not-for-profit' do not. Also, assessment costs, which are not set by us, do vary from area to area, although I have no idea why!

We could keep our costs down in a number of ways, but we have no interest in cutting corners. We only ever teach 4 people at a time, we have top instructors (I insist that they have many years of industry experience, are Lantra qualified and are also all NPTC assessors), we register all our courses with Lantra, and we can also provide good quality saws, PPE, climbing equipment etc. In short, we provide the best possible training package that we can, and I am pleased to say that our results speak for themselves. In the past 6 months our pass rates for NPTC assessments are in the high 90's - about 97% I think.

I apologise if this reads like an advert - it wasn't supposed to! I just wanted to point out that, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. It is very heartening to read the many positive comments about us on this site, and I would like to close by wishing every future success to the many people who we have helped to get started in this great career.

As Confucius really did say - 'Choose a job you love and you will never do a days work in your life'

Welcome to the cyber world Richard! About time! :scared:

im totaly new to this game,

im looking @ enrolling on the rfs level 2 (home study) and also getting some practical units, got a quote 2day from bts in suffolk for cs 30 & 31 thats including courses, vat, assesments and nptc reg £850ish. looks like it must be the going rate! p.s does anybody in the essex/suffolk area wanna take on an inexperienced groundy for a couple of days each week, im a hard worker, willing to learn and also willing to put myself through some cs units.