training costs?

Checked my cheque stubs. Put groundie through 30 and 31. including assesment was £575 - last month.

I'd suggest looking at colliges a little further away if your local one is that much.

The groundie needed all his own gear though. Hire stuff would have added a further £200 ish to the cost.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CS30 & 31 at Askham Bryan including course, assesment & PPE hire is setting me back £495. I thought that seemed a fair bit 'till I read this thread! I'm glad I don't have to pay nearly as much as some of you guys are :scared: Thankfully I also enjoy camping so thats keeping down my accommodation costs for the week :icon14:

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to re-iterate Kingswood's points about the cost of _providing_ training.

This is an interesting discussion - training is not cheap, but it's not cheap to provide either. Like Kingswood, the training that I provide is to 4 candidates only for health & safety reasons. If I run two CS30 courses in a week that means that I will have to provide 8 chainsaws in good working order, PPE, fuel, workshops / worksite, timber, transport (where necessary), insurance, first aid kits, spares for the saws (all within the tuition fee) and so the list goes on. And I need to make a profit.

The NTPC assessments are not cheap either - an assessor costs about £200/day, registration with NPTC can be over £40 per candidate and then there's a handling fee of £10 per candidate too. That little lot can add another £100 to the tuition fees (and none of that goes to the trainer / training organisation).

The cost of the training / assessment really is an investment in your future and once qualified, the candidates can soon recoup these initial costs.

David.

• 2 weeks later...

lee the probelm with any of the home counties is the pure cost of living there any yousufefr as it is commuter distance to london.

as a training providor we also have to charge VAT so if you are not regestered thats an extra cost.