Sun cream for arbs?

alex_m

This is the stuff mate,

Malibu SPF30 Dry Oil Spray 200ml at Superdrug

Like i say, it sprays on and goes dry (hence the clever name) so no greasyness, You can rub it in your hair too and it doesnt make your bonce greasey either, It was good stuff, I hate normal sun tan lotion, too messy for me.

I might give it a bash this year BUT after 11 years doing this, i just get really really brown arms/neck and my body stays frozen chicken white :laugh1:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the stuff mate,

Malibu SPF30 Dry Oil Spray 200ml at Superdrug

I might give it a bash this year BUT after 11 years doing this, i just get really really brown arms/neck and my body stays frozen chicken white :laugh1:

cool, i think i'll try that.

and at least you go brown - the only brown bits on me are my freckles :biggrin:

I initially had a WTF moment when I saw the title of this thread. Which subsequently died as the idea was forming when I remembered that just over 2 weeks ago I had a "suspect" lump sliced off the top of my head and I'm supposed to ring the quacks this week to check that its nothing sinister!

Its easy to forget how long the various parts of our bodies are exposed to UV radiation as we pootle about our work place. Even on cloudy days we are racking up tons more rads than people who don't work outdoors.

Theres certainly nothing unmanly about protecting your skin, skin cancer is an equal opportunities stealthy assassin. After enjoying the sunshine in Cheshire today without, this thread has now prompted me to stick the sunscreen in my bag for work tomorrow.

Balding and fair haired, the doctor who excised my lump advised me not to waste money on anything less than factor 30, and to wear a hat when I'm not wearing my helmet. Jeez only 2 weeks ago and after sun bathing today I realise I've already forgotten his words of advise! A timely post alex_m, sorry I can't recommend a specific product but I would definately encourage you and everyone else to slap it on and slap it on thick.

Every opportunity is best to apply sunscreen. Having lived in NZ which is where the sun bites its best due to the lack of protection from the ozone layer I would suggest a spf of at least 30+. any less is for office workers going for a lunchtime stroll!

I sat and read a book on sunday enjoying the sunshine on Blackford hill in Edinburgh and now I have the great stinging feeling of burning skin. Does not help when the next day you are dragging brash and scratching scolding arms :blushing:

Mind you I go brown in the sun, must be some good french blood!:lol:

Just remember to apply it frequently and dont forget the top of the head.

a couple of years back there was a big pipeline going through near where i live and all the lads that were working on it were drinking in my local and they were saying that it's company policy that anybody working outdoors has to wear at least spf40 sunBLOCK and sunglasses and long sleeved polo shirts.

i just use ambre solaire sport spf 40.

Last year I had two operations to remove a melanoma from my head being told you have a malignant melanoma (it won't ever happen to me) scares the **** out of you. Hell to the macho sun creams for puffs try laying on a hospital bed as they cut a big chunk out of your head.....I promise you the noise and smell of blood and quaterised flesh are enough to put anyone off. Have been given the all clear now they got it all thank heavens.

If you have an odd shaped mole or mark please dont delay have it checked out. Early stages what they call T1 & 2 are thinner and easier to treat later deeper tumours can be much harder. If you need any more info please use the official cancer research website here is a link.

Melanoma skin cancer : Cancer Research UK : CancerHelp UK

By the way despite the smell and sound it didn't hurt that much so don't let that put you off please get treatment sooner rather than later.

Nick