Waste Transfer Licence

bareroots

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timber and wood chip are classed as virgin timber as long as the wood chip is NOT treated

The only way we require a waste licence is for hedge clippings due to these not having wood in them

Trouble is, from an EA perspective and after MUCH time spent on this subject, the minute there's a bit of 'greenery' in there it's 'waste' not virgin wood.

Do you need a waste transfer licence = not usually, and EA would not say otherwise.

Do you need a 'waste carriers licence' = yes, probably. Cost about £140 for 3 years and £100(ish) at renewal, so we've included it as a 'must have for ACs.

Paul

sorry for being a little "green" here, but do I take it that a waste transfer licence is different to a waste carriers licence (feel free to talk amonst yourselves / let your attention wander, if you have been through this all before :blushing:)

i got stopped by the police for a routine check the other day, they checked the vehicle over and then the EA came and checked what i was carrying. i had a chat with the lady from EA and she said it was a bit of a grey area. i told here that all wood was kept for selling as firewood and that the chip was given away to whoever wanted it and she said this was fine. maybe i got lucky??:lol: