Front mounted chipper on u900

ACUF

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering blowing the chips over the cab into a bin for the future design. I will have to see what kind off power I am dealing with first. I recall the blowers being used in conjunction with the chipper to get the height that some of the set ups need to blow up over the cabins.

ACUF

i would keep your set up the way it is mate, small and manouverable with out to much to go wrong. if you are in the basket trimming with maybe one person on the ground stacking brash and keeping the ground clear then it will be great, add another 2 staff a chipper running full tilt with a blower and huge trailer on the back and comunication is lost and the chances of mistakes and break downs are risen. or simply mount the chipper on the drawbar of the trailer and forget the blower.

Yes, that makes sense. Keeping it simple for now is my best bet. I will keep you posted on my progress.

One question I had was the rough height of the top link mounting from the bottom link mounting. Since I'm building the front lift I need to get some rough specifications.

I realize The front lift works like a parallelogram, and the sides must match up to maintain the lift through the raising and lowering.

ACUF

Yes, that makes sense. Keeping it simple for now is my best bet. I will keep you posted on my progress.

One question I had was the rough height of the top link mounting from the bottom link mounting. Since I'm building the front lift I need to get some rough specifications.

I realize The front lift works like a parallelogram, and the sides must match up to maintain the lift through the raising and lowering.

ACUF

have a look on A VOS site on the accesories section they have a pic of a front mount you may be able to work out the measurements

Atkinson Vos Ltd Mercedes Unimogs

I don't have a rear linkage to measure from, and would appreciate the measurements on the lift. I am specifically looking for the height between the bottom and top link, and any relevant adjustment holes for different heights, etc.. I plan on marking the chipper well with flags and conspicuity tape / etc.

Thank you,

ACUF

I don't have a rear linkage to measure from, and would appreciate the measurements on the lift. I am specifically looking for the height between the bottom and top link, and any relevant adjustment holes for different heights, etc.. I plan on marking the chipper well with flags and conspicuity tape / etc.

Thank you,

ACUF

leave it with me, but my measurements will be a bit sketchy, if you start a thread on here someone will give you the EXACT spec and probably even a diagram etc, there is a lot of knowledgable guys on here, your best bet is B101uk:thumbup1:

Skyhuck used to run a mog with front mount, hiab and tow a trailer and blow it into that, i am sure he will dig out a pic when he reads this