Front mounted chipper on u900

ACUF

I had a chipper like that...

It was fine for braodleaf trees without leaves and good for round wood.You would certaily have the velocity to throw the chips into a rear chip body.

However the chipper was appalling with Connifer,so bad in fact I sold it.

The model I had was a Farmi CH160,I had a Finnish guy who was working for me at the time call the factory in Finland and ask why it was so bad.The said it was for bio fuel production and never intended for Tree waste.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I realized it is for biofuel, due to the size of chip and it says that in the owners manual. I hadn't heard it was a problem for sappy conifers, but a good word of warning, thank you! I should make sure and add that I can offer wood biofuel to my customers too! How did it perform with foliage on the limbs? I wouldn't be using it in high volume conditions.

Thank you,

ACUF

Edited by ACUF

Yes, I realized it is for biofuel, due to the size of chip and it says that in the owners manual. I hadn't heard it was a problem for sappy conifers, but a good word of warning, thank you! I should make sure and add that I can offer wood biofuel to my customers too! How did it perform with foliage on the limbs? I wouldn't be using it in high volume conditions.

Thank you,

ACUF

To be honest it was crap.The distance from the feed roller to the cutting disc to too far.The Limbs would fold back upon themselves and jamb.

As you probably know,there are two Anvils in the infeed.The smaller the gab the better.It may be gapped from the factory at about 5mm,try and reduce this to as little as possible.

Of course once you have the Anvils gapped to the distance you require,turn the cutting Disc by hand to ensure clearance.

The feed Roller spring was not strong enough,somtimes the groundy would stand on the Hydraulic motor so it would feed.Perhaps consider replacing the Spring with a stronger one.

On the upside,the machines are stoutly constructed and simple.

To be honest it was crap.The distance from the feed roller to the cutting disc to too far.The Limbs would fold back upon themselves and jamb.

As you probably know,there are two Anvils in the infeed.The smaller the gab the better.It may be gapped from the factory at about 5mm,try and reduce this to as little as possible.

Of course once you have the Anvils gapped to the distance you require,turn the cutting Disc by hand to ensure clearance.

The feed Roller spring was not strong enough,somtimes the groundy would stand on the Hydraulic motor so it would feed.Perhaps consider replacing the Spring with a stronger one.

On the upside,the machines are stoutly constructed and simple.

agree with that mike! are machine actually cracked the metal casing where it bent back and jammed up....

it was great for chipping logs not to bad on broadleaves, apart from birch and it got too much jumping up and down on the feed rollers that no one ever wanted to take it out of the yard!

It was pretty handy for hawthorn hedge removal though!

I have been playing with the idea to mount my top link attachment points on the reverser mounting bracket, and kill two birds with one stone. I am mounting the reverser bracket across the front of the pto, from the cast winch tabs. I wondered if this sounds like an ok idea.

Also, wondered if the distance between the top and bottom link on the lift is usually the same distance from the bottom and top link of an implement? Or can there be some variation, within the working limits?

Heres a picture of the relative heights I plan to work with. I thought I needed to maintain a parallelogram among all the hinges.

This design process would have been much easier if I still had my Lego set!!

Thank you,

ACUF

GEDC0520.jpg.945e637228689a2ebf8a4e810dbae5c6.jpg

Edited by ACUF