is a flyer drop worth the effort

phil28

I found basic, basic leaflets didn`t bring in big customers but they brought ok jobs for reasonable money, often not quoting against anyone else. Its a bit difficult to compair to now as i have a web address so people can check that. I have had little success with big big properties. Its possible a really pro flyer would work on these sorts of places.

Interestingly as i am writing this one of the local councils has asked for a quote as a result of a flyer i recently posted.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found basic, basic leaflets didn`t bring in big customers but they brought ok jobs for reasonable money, often not quoting against anyone else. Its a bit difficult to compair to now as i have a web address so people can check that. I have had little success with big big properties. Its possible a really pro flyer would work on these sorts of places.

Interestingly as i am writing this one of the local councils has asked for a quote as a result of a flyer i recently posted.

As I said your experience with leaflets is quite interesting.

Go get that council job then mate:thumbup:

I found leaflets a waste of time to be honest, cheap tacky ones on plain paper go straight in the bin and nice glossy ones cost a pretty penny, i found that with leaflets people would barter you down aswell as they know its YOU who are touting for work not the other way round. Also people get sooooo much crap rammed through there door thses days most people just bin it with out reading it (im the same) Have a go but dont blow loades doing it.

Ill be doing leaflet drops Monday and Tuesday as ive got no work on those 2 days, That might change over the weekend tho.

Not done it before, Just got a 1000 glossy full colour jobs done threw a friend of a friend, very cheap, so Im going to give it a bash, See what happens, Like people have said, It can be seen as abit "do as you likey" but ill see how these 1000 fair and may or may not do it again!

Statistically, you should get one (yes - one!) job for every 1000 (one thousand) leaflets delivered. I once dropped 500 and got 5 responses and 3 actual jobs from it so statistically that is good. Interestingly though, I've had people 'phone up years after I leaflet dropped their very house - often stating how difficult they found it to find someone!!! (:confused1:). Just shows - I got very expensive classy leaflets thru printing.com - they just get ignored. A mate of mine reckons he gets an enormous amount from a leaflet / poster in the local shops. Smacks of tackiness to me - like all the cards you see on the chip shop pinboard. My better half keeps saying we must deliver the remaining leaflets in such and such an area - can I be arsed?!!!

I found leaflets a waste of time to be honest, cheap tacky ones on plain paper go straight in the bin and nice glossy ones cost a pretty penny, i found that with leaflets people would barter you down aswell as they know its YOU who are touting for work not the other way round. Also people get sooooo much crap rammed through there door thses days most people just bin it with out reading it (im the same) Have a go but dont blow loades doing it.

Yes but you did put them all in tower blocks thou Ian

Heard of a chap around here, who drops in leaflets in the area he is working that says something along the line of...

We are carrying out tree work in this area, and would like to apoligise for any possible disturbances created through this work, weather it be noise or sawdust. Thanks Mr x tree care...

If you would like a free, no oblication quote, or would like to query this leaflet. Please phone...

Its wasnt worded in that way, but you get the idea. He gets ALOT of work from it.

I use a guy called Steve Anderson at Mono Design, I would recommend him to anyone.

He does the copy and the design and is very reasonable.

I have his email address and phone number if anybody wants it.

J.D