Guess what Deano's doing

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dean that looks ace but I could'nt get me head round it until I did a bit of searching and thanks to zx6rob and his recent thread on asking for help in splicing I have now saved these three clips to my favourites for future reference and plan on having a go this weekend. Good thread this one, it's really inspired me to have a go:thumbup1:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhb2W4jX9o]YouTube - 16 Strand Eye Splice Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz0lVmVKwJ0&feature=related]YouTube - 16 Strand Eye Splice Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbjftXFom0o&feature=related]YouTube - 16 Strand Eye Splice Part 3[/ame]

same pics as yours, i take it one end goes inside the other, but where does the other stuff go?

As the eye is just about to form and the loose ends disappear, they are cut off just before they go inside to be buried, then the inner is mostly cut off apart from a little 7" or so length

No, it doesnt pull out. You trap it in the folded over bit, about 2-3 inches from the end of the taper.

The advantage to this method is that you can yank it pretty hard, and you can pull on the exposed core at the same time, which helps the tapered cover to slip through.

I did find it pulled through dead easy once the snare tube came out and I could grab the end of the taper

I'll give the piano wire a do next time, cheers Peter

Dean that looks ace but I could'nt get me head round it until I did a bit of searching and thanks to zx6rob and his recent thread on asking for help in splicing I have now saved these three clips to my favourites for future reference and plan on having a go this weekend. Good thread this one, it's really inspired me to have a go:thumbup1:

Thats the one I watched Mick and how I did it, it's just the bit in the last clip that is really hard but it should be easier if you use peters method of piano wire

The crossover gets easier the newer the rope. It can be a nightmare on some old ropes!!! and whatever you do dont try and splice marlow geko or similar! There awful.

Id highly recommened one of nods splicing workshops for anyone interested in splicing. Its a brilliant skill to have i think and very satisfying..................just dont get hooked like me and spend your sundays splicing about 20 odd lanyards up:blushing:

What you could do with is finding someone local that can splice and show you all the little bits that make it so much easier and have a look at the bought kit and bit,s and bobs they have adapted.

I am sure you will know someone:confused1::blushing::thumbup:

What you could do with is finding someone local that can splice and show you all the little bits that make it so much easier and have a look at the bought kit and bit,s and bobs they have adapted.

I am sure you will know someone:confused1::blushing::thumbup:

I'm itching to come over to your workshop for a rummage round Bob, but it's finding time, I'm up to my neck in work, so much to do so little time to do it :biggrin: