Accidents in Treework

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy mothers day...

Thank you Danavan, that was a timely reminder!

when is it:confused1:

Your taking the mick right??

ALL of you do something for your MUM TOMMOROW, god us guys are the pits for this stuff!

and forgetting it's mothers day tommorow will lead to serious accident and/or fatality...........

I sorta get the connection :confused1:

Now be good boys, go get a card, and get my "serious" thread back on track :sneaky2:

:001_tongue:

:aetsch:Think we just got read the riot act! lmao:deal:

:lol: sorry David:blushing: Was a odd way of reminding myself & pushing the message to the BIG boss types out their that we are all people & have mums & dads who care about their arb type off spring no matter how many £ the job that was baddly quoted goes.

I as you know became a number in the chainsaw twit hit list 2009 & have no intention of doing so again..

As I have posted befor, keep your pants tight & your head strong! I

It only takes that one mistake to make your whole world & those around you go proper wrong! an extra 15 min on a job can make a whole lot of differance..

• 3 months later...

So, assuming we've all not forgotten to get our loved ones the card on their special day they obviously merit........here's a little light reminder of the dangerous game we all enter into on a daily basis.

"Sadly, HSE are currently investigating a number of fatalities. Since the beginning of 2010, four people have been killed while involved in treework, three of these since the beginning of April. Two incidents were related to work in forestry and involved felling operations and two occurred in arboriculture and involved falls from trees. These are very sobering statistics. Details of previous fatal accidents and their causes are available at Tree Work ? Case studies . "

Above info from Treework E-bulletin - Issue No. 1 (June 2010)

You can view all of the past E-bulletins and Treework News at: Tree Work ? Resources

So, assuming we've all not forgotten to get our loved ones the card on their special day they obviously merit........here's a little light reminder of the dangerous game we all enter into on a daily basis.

"Sadly, HSE are currently investigating a number of fatalities. Since the beginning of 2010, four people have been killed while involved in treework, three of these since the beginning of April. Two incidents were related to work in forestry and involved felling operations and two occurred in arboriculture and involved falls from trees. These are very sobering statistics. Details of previous fatal accidents and their causes are available at Tree Work ? Case studies . "

So did the earlier post with the facts on come from 2009 and not include 2010?

I was suprrised that the fattalities were so low I thought it would be at least a hundred or so. But once again as someone said how many get reported.

I also think that the construction industry is more tightly regulated there jobs go over months and month ( in some case) so have big bosses who do big site meetings you do it by the book or your out but who does arb have to regulate it? Ocassionally in big jobs a boss or health and safftey manager might turn up but I doubt it not in arb.

Still Its a very good thread thanks for posting something to definatley think oabout tommorow.

Above info from Treework E-bulletin - Issue No. 1 (June 2010)

You can view all of the past E-bulletins and Treework News at: Tree Work ? Resources

So did the earlier post with the facts on come from 2009 and not include 2010?

I was suprrised that the fattalities were so low I thought it would be at least a hundred or so. But once again as someone said how many get reported.

I also think that the construction industry is more tightly regulated there jobs go over months and month ( in some case) so have big bosses who do big site meetings you do it by the book or your out but who does arb have to regulate it? Ocassionally in big jobs a boss or health and safftey manager might turn up but I doubt it not in arb.

Still Its a very good thread thanks for posting something to definatley think oabout tommorow.