Use of the AA logo

john dawson

what are the repercussions and penalties for using the Logo incorrectly..?

I read somewhere that watchdog ere initially trying to expose a company claiming to be AAAC but that program never aired or I missed it.

I would be interested in hearing an answer, cheers.

Rich

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use the ISA.

It sounds like a good idea, but I think the use of the logo could futher confuse clients as its so similar to the aaac logo. Mrs miggins may see the logo but not understand the difference between member and aaac. I'm an aaac and would rather not see a/the logo available to all. If your just after a sticker than you can already get that by joining the isa

ISA it is instead then:thumbup1:

I just thought it would help promote the AA and bring in more revenue to help them achieve 'higher' goals etc.:001_smile:

I agree.

If I was a AAAC I would not want that "brand" diluted.

As a AAAC, how would you feel about a tiered scheme??

I think its a great idea if its similar to the isa schemes which seem widely accepted in the states. It means everyone has a workable progression to follow for their business, I'm sure this would reduce the us and them mentality between aaac and non aaac.

The only reason I can see someone wanting to use the aa logo is to try to promote their business by implying they have official accreditaion, ie pay some money to get a logo to try to impress potential clients.

The thing that bugs me about aaac gripes is that people say its for big co's. All the scheme is, is an assesment of the companys comitment to working to best practice. I had 1 employee and 1 part timer when we went for it. It took less time to work towards than most of us spend on this forum and the assesment fee was less than my yellow pages bill. All the stuff you are assesed on is the stuff we ought to do anyway. The assesment criteria looks daunting to someone whos office system needs work so that puts most people off. When Paul comes to do the assesment you recieve a lot of guidance so I think a tiered scheme would not only be benificial for the industry but help us all to comply with all the legislation imposed on us.

The problem is when all these other schemes like chas appear and different clients support different schemes. This does not help anyone as we can't afford to do it all so will select those that bring in the work.

The problem is when all these other schemes like chas appear and different clients support different schemes. This does not help anyone as we can't afford to do it all so will select those that bring in the work.

I think the AAAC becoming more wide spread would help this, as it could become the industry bench mark, so other schemes would be asked for less.

what are the repercussions and penalties for using the Logo incorrectly..?

I read somewhere that watchdog ere initially trying to expose a company claiming to be AAAC but that program never aired or I missed it.

I would be interested in hearing an answer, cheers.

Rich

Rich i am sure Paul put a post on another thread that the AA were successful in a court case and the culprit was to pay £35k, but the repayments from the court were £5 a week!!!

The only reason I can see someone wanting to use the aa logo is to try to promote their business by implying they have official accreditaion, ie pay some money to get a logo to try to impress potential clients.

Yep thats the one:thumbup1:

Sort of.:sneaky2:

I think the AAAC becoming more wide spread would help this, as it could become the industry bench mark, so other schemes would be asked for less.

I'm sure it would, but the aaac has been around for a long time and the majority of contractors haven't got behind the scheme. Chas for instance took us a few hours to sort out, no big deal just a few bits of paper work and no specific relavants to arb. Theres no assesment of quality of work. We have chas but I think its a load of twoddle, I could give someone a load of our forms, they could stick their logo on it and hey presto you can go out and tender for council contracts.

Why don't we all (including more of our clients) support a scheme that examines all parts of our business including (and most importantly) the quality of our finished work? There is only one scheme that does this but why are so few of us willing invite our peers in to scrutinize what we do and how we do it? If more of us did then the scheme would gain momentum.

Selling the logo for use on trucks and stationary for the cost of the membership is a step backwards for the aa imo.

If I could use the logo on my truck, headed letter paper etc then I would become an AA 'member':001_smile:

Hi 'Mesterh',

Indeed and that's what we're working towards.

Just a thought tho (dangerous I know!), whilst I entirely support releasing use of the AA logo we also owe a duty to AAACs to ensure, with all due respect, they have a uniquely identifiable logo given they've presented their companies, in effect, for peer review ('crabbed' that from someone elses posting...thank you!)

Whether that would/should restrict use of vehicle stickers to the kinda 6"x6" generic 'Care for Trees' window stickers rather than the 12"x12' door stickers I dunno...need to think that through. Hope you see where I'm coming from here...any thoughts?

Cheers..

Paul

Same here, also the points raised in the AA thread about a star rating is spot on, if there were a star rating i would be very interested at the moment ita all or nowt.

Hi 'IC',

CAVEATED!!!...my EARLY thoughts here are, ideally, to make it 'ALL' for all (WHAT???), i.e. one standard/star rating for all BUT the process of achieving is appropriate to the size of the company and ability to pay, i.e. in particular 'less than 5 employees', AND the annual subs perhaps based on annual turn-over = the bigger companies, who stand to benefit most, pay more.

"BULLS/RAGS n RED???"...hope not as thoughts out loud and keen not to stifle them...including mine please!

I fully acknowledge the current situation doesn't work for many/most companies, although it clearly does for a few (usually tho, even where small/very small companies are involved, the motivation is often the LA and/or a desire to expand into that sector = financial benefits to be gained make the realted expenditure viable) AND this is something we must address!

There, again, why use one word when thousands are available...oops!

Cheers..

Paul

It sounds like a good idea, but I think the use of the logo could futher confuse clients as its so similar to the aaac logo. Mrs miggins may see the logo but not understand the difference between member and aaac. I'm an aaac and would rather not see a/the logo available to all. If your just after a sticker than you can already get that by joining the isa

ABSOLUTELY, it is imperative we do everything we can to avoid confusion to the client and hence my postings about a uniquely identifiable logo for AAACs, along with perhaps restricting stickers for none AAACs to 6"x6" generic window stickers rather than door stickers (a thought at this stage!)

Thanks for the post 'Gibbon'..

Paul