Job not going to plan advice please

ledders666

Sometimes you do the easy bits first to make space to rig the difficult bits into, but the rigging must be set up with the difficult bits in mind. And set up before you start cuttign bits off, even if you think you know where yo want to set up its sometimes best to have an option to go for plan B if required.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re negotiatign with the client is all well and good, but if they had two or more quotes and yours was the cheapest but the re neg takes you over the price of all the other quotes then they are not going to agree to any extra.

If I was the client, I would ask you to leave site and I'd call the next company to re quote. If you can't do what you said you would do for the money then thats called a FAIL.

Pay for the MEWP yourself and learn from it. Thats general advice only, of course if they go the re negotiated price then good for you and more fool them.

:congrats::congrats:

Totally.

Awkward bits first, every time.

Added bonus is you can enjoy the rest of the job afterwards.:thumbup1:

I like to do a bit of the easy stuff, just to get a feel for the wood, how well it will take a step cut,etc. Then do the tricky bit then finish with the rest of the easy:thumbup:

What I meant was I like to do the bottom bit first when possible.

With a gob and a back cut!

True about getting a feel for the tree and removing bits in the way, but the awkward bits should be your primary goal.

Huck I can't believe you've put clapping hands under a quote with the word MEWP in it! How much have you had to drink?:001_tt2:

there are dozens of times i wish i had had the voice and the courage to re negotiate with the customer, but i never did, there is always a way of getting it down. You have covered yourself, you have sorted out the client and they know the score, who cares if the tree looks half done? only you and maybe some other tree guys might point and snigger, but its not about them. we could all suggest diferent ways, but all you are really looking from us is encouragement, so thats what i am giving you. Well done for taking charge of yourself and the situation:thumbup1:, actions like that save a lot of stress and hassle . Good on you. Now for what ever you do, dont put up any pics, because if it is a sill wee branch you are going to get ripped to pieces ha ha:biggrin:

Thanks, well heres how it is up to date, ive got a mewp coming next weekend, to finish, im covering half the cost of the mewp as it was my mistake, and this still keeps me under the other quotes which there happy with, and i think im going to get some ply boards as well, cause that would suck if i break it now. ill let you know how i get on

Thanks, well heres how it is up to date, ive got a mewp coming next weekend, to finish, im covering half the cost of the mewp as it was my mistake, and this still keeps me under the other quotes which there happy with, and i think im going to get some ply boards as well, cause that would suck if i break it now. ill let you know how i get on

As on a previous thread I think the re negotiating of quotes seems to be a personal one as there are some that think one way and some the other.

At the end of the day you make the decision that you feel is right and stand by whatever consequences that then come as a result of that.

I think how you've gone about this job is a good compromise and if the job gets done safely, nothing gets broken and the customer is happy with everything then the jobs a good 'un.

:biggrin:

them asbestos roofs are not all there cracked up to be. Neither are the boards. If the decrepid covering is gonna go it will...

Here is the result of a job I helped a mate out on last year. Grounding might I add... we were trying to put plywood on the roof to avoid any problems with a stray gob or similar. A combination of the snow, boards and knackered beams meant this happened. Me laid in the bottom... :thumbdown:

Good luck to you.

IMG_0205.jpg.39a44b825abf6a25430b7e7abb4da4ab.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg.ac8a92d970d1b48fc8fadad421ecd88a.jpg