Farage in Clacton

eggsarascal

Property ownership was in large part due to the black death, the owners and serfs died in great numbers. So the land went fallow and starvation, so land ownership change and things like the feudal system stopped, except sark.

Votes for women and non property owners was in large part to WW1 & women working whilst the men were away, after years of working the clock could never be reset.

Similar to the NHS, the government of the day had to give something tangible in recognition for the years of war and being away from home.

33 minutes ago, Trailoftears said:

I quote "you cant change the system",umm,tell that to the feudal serfs,the suffragettes, the vote grudgingly given to non-property owners! I think you will find if you have even the most rudimentary grasp of British political history,you may grasp the fact that you CAN change the system....

The last time I did the numbers (2022), there were 212 people to every copper in the UK. 330g a person based on 70kg coppers.

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Property ownership was in large part due to the black death, the owners and serfs died in great numbers. So the land went fallow and starvation, so land ownership change and things like the feudal system stopped, except sark.

Votes for women and non property owners was in large part to WW1 & women working whilst the men were away, after years of working the clock could never be reset.

Similar to the NHS, the government of the day had to give something tangible in recognition for the years of war and being away from home.

So-you dont opine was that a good thing-or a shocking new development?Also,I forgot to mention the absolute right of kings to rule-then the nobles demandingg a say in their governance/taxes etc,and eventually Democracy 'trickling down' painfully slowly.Again,not GIVEN by the then ruling classes-fought and died for by the likes of the tolpuddle martyrs,the suffragettes and so on.Again,you dont comment whether you see enfranchisement of the general populace a great advance-or a retrogressive development that you disapprove of.

Absolute right of kings kinda eventually ended when a certain Cromwell removed the king's head.

Granted it did not end well for Cromwell either as surprise surprise he wanted to hand on the power to his son, and was buried in the king's regalness.

The years of overthrowing things is over, you can vote to change, but you'll have to change from the big 3 and it ain't happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Don’t be a smug prick every day 42 

just let it lie for once. This is how you got your arse handed to you on the other thread. Look up ODIA day rates for a Dive  Supervisor and then do some maths. 
What I stated was fact, if it were pre Brexit myself and the other crew members would probably not be on the job, it would no doubt have been filled by cheaper Eastern European personnel. There’s a lot not right in the UK but there’s plenty that is too. 

Not smug Bud. I was just taken by the juxtaposition of the two understandings of the situation. You're missing the point again, by bragging about how much YOU earn.

"This is how you got your arse handed to you on the other thread." - Which thread, when, how? I got a decent Wordle score of 3 yesterday!

6 hours ago, sime42 said:

Not smug Bud. I was just taken by the juxtaposition of the two understandings of the situation. You're missing the point again, by bragging about how much YOU earn.

"This is how you got your arse handed to you on the other thread." - Which thread, when, how? I got a decent Wordle score of 3 yesterday!

Word salad BS 

Not bragging just pointing out an actual fact of the post Brexit scenario for myself and the team im currently working with. If you wanted to react or have an issue with something I posted up to one of your pals, reply  on that relevant thread not sneaking little wise cracks in elsewhere, mind you there’s a pattern with you doing this but hey Ho 🤷‍♂️Facts 42 that’s what I deal in. 
As for the two understanding of the situation I supported brexit then and still do now. I’m more than happy for us to be out of the EU corporate cheap labour pool. Hopefully now companies have to train their own people. The irony of listening to Raynor last night complaining about such things 😂
Which thread you ask ? Really 42, you doing the selective memory loss now too. 

Edited by Johnsond

Jolly good, lucky you.
You seem to be oblivious to what's going on in the lives of ordinary, hardworking folk. The UK used to be a civilised country to live in, that's rapidly becoming not the case.

Which bits of the word salad do you want me to cook and then puree, for easier digestion?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peds said:

Please sir, what's juxtaposition? Like, missionary and that?

No you silly boy, that's doggy and having an existential crisis of where to put it