Entry level firewood saw

Joe Newton

I’VE GOT A 660 YOU CAN HAVE FOR Β£3000.

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

I'm looking into buying my brother in law a saw. He's getting a log burner put in and i can keep him in firewood but i don't have the time to process it for him.Β 

Β 

Looking for something equivalent to the MS181, They're damn near Β£300 these days so are there any other options worth considering? Was hoping to pay around the Β£200 mark.Β 

surely you want to suck it up and buy a 201?Β 

i consider anything less to be plain junk and not worth my time.

these 171/181 homo wner saws are as gutless as a frenchman.

Will cut fine using all bar length if you don't force it butΒ  not very rapidΒ  but neither is a ms181.

Β 

Β 

Its 2KW so might actually be faster than a ms181.

Β 

Β 

Β 

If your BIL's woodpile is near a mains socket, then wired electric saw is better than an MS 181 for power and noise. I bought mine to work near the house, rather than a nimble Stihl MS260. Worth paying extra for inline motor instead of models where the motor sticks out at the side, then easier to use a saw horse and generally more nimble, still fits within your budget.