Site comms as of 2024

AHPP

5 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

Ah man that is convenient isn't it. 

If I'm getting this correctly mobile are banned, shouting and poor communication is encouraged. 

Here is an theory, they just don't want to hear you whine on. 

We have work phones and a satellite phone for out of area contact to control if required.

Work phones are monitored and handed in each day etc.

We work in close teams that do not have any trouble with communicating

Perhaps you should try that sort of application to your work one day... You might find you get more done for a start,....😂😂

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I reckon he’s Jack Reacher.

More and more large companies are taking ownership of intellectual property and internet communication during working hours. It quite common these days to be sacked for using personal equipment such as phones and tablets at work.

So being issued phones etc etc covers this problem.

4 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

What are you the very special tree service 

Yep.

We go places where armed guards regularly search vehicles etc upon entry.

Mostly private property's but we do go out and do over public areas sometimes.😂

12 hours ago, AHPP said:

I make them wear a helmet because I still haven't found a headband to take the spare helmet muffs and I'm too tight to buy another comms set to go in some normal muffs. I am good enough to take the visor off for them.

When I first became evangelical about headset comms, I considered supplying/installing them commercially. Going round building sites with a workshop in the back of the van etc. Then realised just about anybody with a dremel could do it. 

Yeah they're simple enough to install yourself. With the Senas the wires to the the earphones are a serious weak point and never last long. The guy I use (retired British Aerospace engineer) upgrades the wires to some armored ones which are way more suitable. 

Here is the one i keep in the van for plant operators etc. 28984214_Screenshot_20240330_095015_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.2131a3ad444974262005459b7c5b8a07.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe Newton said:

Yeah they're simple enough to install yourself. With the Senas the wires to the the earphones are a serious weak point and never last long. The guy I use (retired British Aerospace engineer) upgrades the wires to some armored ones which are way more suitable. 

Here is the one i keep in the van for plant operators etc. 28984214_Screenshot_20240330_095015_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.2131a3ad444974262005459b7c5b8a07.jpg

The wires on mine have lasted surprisingly well but I treat them very gently, don't put the muffs up on the back of the helmet etc.

Those look spot on. No sound isolation, which machine operators don't need and probably don't want.