Thieving scum!

18 stoner

shame is that if you replace them they will probably go walk about again, and they also know whats there now!

everytime we have been broken into the police re-assuringly say that its being stolen to order! the theives know where this stuff is and when they find a buyer then they nick it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll try and reply to you all in one post!;

Yes MB, dogs are a good idea, my Dad has had them in the past but now says its too much responsibilty at his age! Both parents are now 70.

Log and Pecon, landy doors are very rare in good condition, i got these from a 2004 crashed truck and payed £800 for them! There is lots of people know i am renovating the truck but very few know where it is, but they definately knew what they wanted.

The insurance seem ok about it and are sending the claim form, but it doesnt make up for the hastle and most of all the worry placed on my parents.

I do think that the majority of people would agree with you guys in having a go if you caught them, even my Dad would still have a go but hey, you never really know how many of them there is, if there are repocussions etc.

Not really worried about parts, or money, just fuming about the invasion of my fathers "castle". He is a very proud man who has worked for every penny he has.

Thanks for the support guys, its obvious there is a small percentage of people who dont have morals any more.

Its a sickener, someone stole the hydraulic winch of the front of my landy a few years ago, it had 16 bolts holding it on and with the cable must have weighed 70kg. they did this on a residential street with houses looking over on both sides. it was often parked there so they must have been eyeing it up for a while, the annoying thing was the police werent interested, they just say " well youre insured arent you" so i lost my no claims discount.

These people have no morals, if youre going to steal take from mcdonnalds or tescos or someone who can afford it.

Seems we do get a lot butch, but bear in mind theres lots more guns in US, im sure thats a deterrant to petty theft, and also here if you get hold of a thief, its you who can end up in trouble!

Agreed. People stealing your stuff around here is no where near as rife as back in the UK.....because around here you never know who you are gonna bump into, ie. Mr Winchester/Mossberg/Smith & Wesson!! I have kit in my shed here that I would never leave in a shed back where I grew up in Blighty. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though mate.

I'll disagree there. As consumers we pay for those thefts through inflated prices. I'd beg before I stole anything

I'm not condoning corporate theft just saying why do theives pick on those who can least afford it, even with insurance it still costs in time, inflated premiums and a surprisingly intense feeling of personal hurt.

I'm not condoning corporate theft just saying why do theives pick on those who can least afford it, even with insurance it still costs in time, inflated premiums and a surprisingly intense feeling of personal hurt.

:icon14: I agree with your point totally. The harsh reality of not being able to have cctv and personal security do stack the odds. Few thieves will go for well protected premises/posessions

My brotherinlaw got up one morning, got in his car to go to work, it wouldn't start.

He opened the bonnet to find his turbo charger had been carefully removed.

He had fitted it, brand new, 2 days before.

Hmmmm

A number of years ago some little sh*t stole the windscreen from my mother's Ford Fiesta outside my parents house. Took her a while to work it out after she got in the car!