More doom and gloom

29 minutes ago, GarethM said:

If you read carefully I'm no dinosaur, I have always said improvements can be made but screeching about problems outside of out control is pointless.

It's like protesting about a rainforest halfway around the world as we have zero impact, like chucking soup on things.

If anything I'm aware of a lot more about the world, yet look at things in the round.

If you want to discuss a particular item on your long Santa list, create a discussion and we can all collectively discuss each without the usual environmental switcheroos.

And for reference for this thread, I'm in a smoke control zone. It's a PITA but abide by it l, unlike a lot of people payed a lot more for my boiler.

The old "it's not us gov, it's China. Or it's Africa with it's exploding population", is getting a bit too old and tired now. It's a cop out. We in the UK do have a fair bit of agency, in this at least. It's not all outside our control.

Who buys most of the Chinese crap that sucks up resources and pumps out pollution? The West. Who consumers most of the products that the rainforest is cut down to produce? The West. And so on.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sime42 said:

The old "it's not us gov, it's China. Or it's Africa with it's exploding population", is getting a bit too old and tired now. It's a cop out. We in the UK do have a fair bit of agency, in this at least. It's not all outside our control.

Who buys most of the Chinese crap that sucks up resources and pumps out pollution? The West. Who consumers most of the products that the rainforest is cut down to produce? The West. And so on.

I've said it multiple times across multiple discussions, find solutions that are better and made here or words to that effect.

It's not a cop out when we've exported practically all our industry to china, it's slowly shifting back. Electronics is a good example as it's gone full circle as they chased the cheaper currency, but now the machinery is there not here.

To just say stop buying from china is also a cop out, you're not stopping that purchase. You might get it made more environmentally friendly but it's still going to be made regardless!.