Problems with Trespassers, Fly tippers & Poachers?

Johnboysevern

23 hours ago, daveatdave said:

fly tipping is your problem as its on your land.

quite a few of the wood lots do not include sporting rights so whoever owns them can shoot them even when they don't own the land/wood without your permission 

Our Property is Free Hold and Sporting Rights  & Mineral Rights are on our Deeds The only Syndicate Restrictions Between the Wood owners Is No Commercial Camping or Motor Sports and Shared Track Maintenance. We also Have no Fencing Liability's with the neighboring farms. So yes we all own the Rights to our section of Woodland. We even all have Permitted Development rights that have been approved by the local Council and most have Tool sheds Or work Cabins. 

22 hours ago, GarethM said:

Trespass is a civil matter, made even worse if the land is public access, owned by more than one person or subject to a multitude of access to other areas or even neighbours.

That's not a it's all mine argument, but as Dave pointed out sporting rights would need to be documented. As you might be surprised what's not included in your contract of sale. Mineral rights, tree felling etc.

Sporting Rights, Mineral Rights, Tree Felling etc all Included  on each woodland owners Free hold documents. Access is via Private Track shared by all woodland owners Only and the maintenance there of. 

On 07/01/2024 at 19:47, Steven P said:

Not sure I would be making my first statement "fully insured" - I'd be operating in a way such that insurance is the last thing I'd ever need.

A sign is all good till you get a toddler out for a days walk wandering over your land (it happens every now and then), or a dog (happens all the time) - can't read and could be an admission that what you are doing is dangerous (same with 'Dangerous Dogs' signs, 'Dogs Loose' - an admittance you know they are dangerous, all it takes is a child climbing the fence to get a ball back....)

Not into air rifles... got an axe throwing range, the thrower has visibility as far as they can throw an axe for, there is no access to the sides (carefully cultivated brambles....), whoever is overseeing the session is trained and all are briefed. For what it is worth it is private land... but anyone can walk through a gap in the hedge... point is that they would be noticed and the session stopped.... and so far as far as "fully insured" yes, but a session would never get as far as that being a consideration for 3rd parties.

Perhaps a far better way to think, rather than "I have an air rifle range and am fully insured" but "air rifle range that we operate safely"

Just going off on one, perhaps too much red meat for dinner. Whoops

Installing an Archery range too this year so they might get an Arrow in there butt Next time they trespass Lol🏹🏹

On 07/01/2024 at 23:22, daveatdave said:

fly tipping is your problem as its on your land.

quite a few of the wood lots do not include sporting rights so whoever owns them can shoot them even when they don't own the land/wood without your permission 

Yes I know Fly tipping is a problem for Us 🤨 like Farmers, Woodland Owner have the same problem with people using our properties as local tips. Time the Councils & Police caught these Culprits. The Woods we own Are all Free hold which includes the Rights Mineral & Sporting. So If people are Assuming they can shoot the can't as its in the owners Documents. Also Access to the woods are Private with No public rights of way. The nearest public right of way goes right through the Neighbouring farmers Farm yard and I bet he is not happy about it.

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

We don't really care, if you wanting to try and brag your definitely in the wrong place.

A bit harsh although I agree, what @Johnboysevern is doing on their land is irrelevant. If someone is using a shotgun on their property without permission then thats illegal (and a police matter) regardless of the land use.

I am curious about the sporting rights, when I bought my property it wasn't straight forward to know if sporting rights were held as it isn't common to have any mention in the deeds. 

I have also come across people who claim to have been given permission by someone many years ago etc which is why I suggest asking locally.

You mention your neighbours are sheep farmers, do you know if they want foxes controlled? It could be someone has controlled them for years and assumes they can still access your wood.