Jump to content

Black Friday - Op Out


sime42
 Share

Recommended Posts

Log in or register to remove this advert

I think that’s unnecessarily harsh Pete.

Justin and co. were also the best place in the SE of England to go to when it came to fixing kit.

They weren’t some internet generated muppets.

 

They were the first supplier to truly embrace the internet culture.

 

I support my local dealers whenever I can, but when Justin could sell me a 660 for £660 all in, and my local Stihl ‘dealer’ were quoting £900 + VAT I decided on who was taking the piss.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’m offering Black Friday deals on my treework until the end of the year though.

20% up front gets you a 10% discount on the remaining 90%.
Everyone loves a deal, right?

I'll have a piece of that action ! 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I think that’s unnecessarily harsh Pete.

Justin and co. were also the best place in the SE of England to go to when it came to fixing kit.

They weren’t some internet generated muppets.

 

They were the first supplier to truly embrace the internet culture.

 

I support my local dealers whenever I can, but when Justin could sell me a 660 for £660 all in, and my local Stihl ‘dealer’ were quoting £900 + VAT I decided on who was taking the piss.

It is harsh Mark. But business is. If you make £25 on a saw just to add to your total so you get another few % off Stihl while the local chap makes £100 but doesn't get the same rate from  Stihl,  the selling/supplying pyramid is screwed! 

 

I liked the fact that the Internet made things visible but I don't like 'price matching' as the 'value' of the local chap is lost to clicks on a mouse. 

 

Anyone remember Michael Richmond and the MR catalogue? He sold to Charterhouse who gave up just as the digital age was coming in because the rewards didn't match the investment.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  •  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.