Australian Shepherd

eggsarascal

Anyone know about these dogs, I’m looking after a mates one while he’s recovering from a nasty motorbike accident, it’s the most nasty, vicious dog I’ve ever known. Dave the dog is a rescue so not a lot known about his background. Are they known to be aggressive, because this one will attack for fun. He’s sound with me but he’s bitten folk in the past. Curious really because my mate has eight pups for sale breed from this dog.

• Like 1

Dogs take after their owners, so depending on the age of the dog and his history prior to being rescued, it's possible that your mate is a prick. 

Clever dogs, so should be simple enough to train away from bad habits picked up pre-rescue. You just have to put the time and effort in. If a dogs charity could teach a bunch of "untrainable" rescues how to literally drive a car, then there's really no excuse for your mutt to be attacking people at random. It was an automatic transmission though, not manual, so it isn't that impressive. 

Is it the same mate with the puppies as the one recovering from the accident? What price? My snap decision, having never met the guy and based purely on the five sentences above, is that he has no place owning a dog.

15 minutes ago, peds said:

Dogs take after their owners, so depending on the age of the dog and his history prior to being rescued, it's possible that your mate is a prick. 

Clever dogs, so should be simple enough to train away from bad habits picked up pre-rescue. You just have to put the time and effort in. If a dogs charity could teach a bunch of "untrainable" rescues how to literally drive a car, then there's really no excuse for your mutt to be attacking people at random. It was an automatic transmission though, not manual, so it isn't that impressive. 

Is it the same mate with the puppies as the one recovering from the accident? What price? My snap decision, having never met the guy and based purely on the five sentences above, is that he has no place owning a dog.

I’m in agreement with you, I don’t think this dog should have been breed from. Yes it’s the same lad who has the pups that got knocked off his bike, £1000 each, seven bitches, one dog. I’d love you to come round and tell him he’s a prick to his face although I do agree what he’s done by breeding this dog is a bad move.

Just now, Mike Hill said:

They are not bad Dogs generally, known to be loyal and good with kids.

That dog needs a bullet by the sounds of things though.

I’m not so sure, while it’s with me it will be restrained. My point is, it’s a rescue dog that I think will be ok with the right care. Breeding from him was a bad move in my opinion.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I’m not so sure, while it’s with me it will be restrained. My point is, it’s a rescue dog that I think will be ok with the right care. Breeding from him was a bad move in my opinion.

Would you be happy with doing time if that Dog gets out and rips up a child while your looking after it?

Do your mate and the world a favour and off the mongrel.

• Like 2