Climbing alone?

rcarolina

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve done it (and suspect plenty of people do it also). No better way to make yourself concentrate on the job in hand.

Same as, If a job comes in and i can do it on my own, I do, Not best pratice i know but that way i get all the green :thumbup::thumbup:

Only small trees mind, Thats all i climb :001_cool:

general rules are dont work alone, reccy'ing is a tad different.

id say dont if you dont feel confident to, and make sure you have some1 to check on you regularly, failing that, organise a get-together!

u say ur in an arboretum, but have no1 with a 38?? im assuming u contract out your work then? and no im not a contractor before you ask!!

We are talking about climbing for fun though (have to type fun cos I cant spell recreationally:blushing:).

I have climbed trees on my own all over the country, some for the great view, some because the just look like good trees, some cos I'm hiding to confuse the dog.

It has to be said though, Consider what could go wrong, Know your limits, Consider each action.

Of course, it is better fun with a group...........lots of mature trees you say?.........

Work or play climbing alone is something I,m personally cool with . Know your limits . Do as I say not as I do kinda thing . I know its wrong in the professional world but I,m sure everyones done it at one point . When I say alone I mean no other climbers on site . Always with a second party be it friend worker or customer .:biggrin:

Same as, If a job comes in and i can do it on my own, I do, Not best pratice i know but that way i get all the green :thumbup::thumbup:

Only small trees mind, Thats all i climb :001_cool:

Have to agree Mozza.

Small tree with minimal climbing, say £150 takedown, when work is quiet if I pay a groundy he will earn a lot more than me, so I take the chance these days. Slow and steady, no rush.

Bigger trees, no way.

Rec climbs on my own no bother, but I always try and climb in an environment where my body will be discovered easily.

Work or play climbing alone is something I,m personally cool with . Know your limits . Do as I say not as I do kinda thing . I know its wrong in the professional world but I,m sure everyones done it at one point . When I say alone I mean no other climbers on site . Always with a second party be it friend worker or customer .:biggrin:

Right auld yin ive cut my leg go in the van and get the other harness hurry up, leave the zimmer there:lol:

im a real rebel i even climb the stairs at night alone with the light out :biggrin: