MS291 off the shelf

jbanda

19 hours ago, Jackalope said:

Well catching up on that thread was 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

Anyone know why the saw was stripped in the first place? 

... not quite understanding this forum.... come back saying a lot of answers (and probably this one) arn't worth reading... and then asking another question...

Assuming it was in the first place I'd be saying for repair purposes though if it looks as brand new as you said when you'd bought it that sounds very quickly damaged by a previous owner which s what you inferred earlier

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

You've seemed very willing to on several occasions so far. 

Oh rite..... I begged and I pleaded with people?? , I hope your saw skills are better than your comprehension.

And again, you make a comment that's nothing to do with the subject..... geeze there are a few saddos on here. 

11 hours ago, Muddy42 said:

The main thing is I hope you can get your saw going again. Hopefully the dealer is friendly, however in the worst case it sounds like you can work on saws, so at least you'll be ahead by the labour costs.

Thank you, I think I am getting a good deal off them , an OEM piston for the 44.7mm Cylinder which has polished up nicely (I stopped the saw reasonably soon, cylinder lightly scored) , and a 170 euro credit against a new ms261 in early 2024. No questions asked or liabilities admitted, done on a handshake 🤝 👍

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GarethM said:

Hoisted by his own petard.

Some of us farmers do actually look after our gear, and have little need to strip a chainsaw due to stupidity, neglect or hubris.

Yes, your stuff stays perfect for even, never experience wear and tear, what a guy, soo good u can spend all your time talking bs in here. Gobshite

• Haha 1

Just now, jbanda said:

Thank you, I think I am getting a good deal off them , an OEM piston for the 44.7mm Cylinder which has polished up nicely (I stopped the saw reasonably soon, cylinder lightly scored) , and a 170 euro credit against a new ms261 in early 2024. No questions asked or liabilities admitted, done on a handshake 🤝 👍

Great, Im genuinely glad you have this sorted and isnt it so satisfying to fix things yourself. I feel sad for every broken but repairable chainsaw. You won’t miss the extra displacement.

I think this thread has run its course. White flag / pitchforks down / get on with lives!

• Like 1