First chipper

teresa green

6 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Hi,

I was going to say 'the best way to stop someone stealing your TW chipper is to paint it black and put Forst stickers on it!' But that would just be childish.

I use a tow ball lock, there are never going to stop a determined thief but they are cheap, small and might just stop an opportunist making off with it.

IMG_4126.jpeg

I've heard tell of a chipper nicked with someone hanging out the open boot of a hatchback car hanging on to the towbar, so may not even bother removing the hitchlock. Ideally it slows them down though.

27 minutes ago, andy ellis said:
WWW.LINCMASTER.CO.UK

We provide leading anti theft products and security solutions. From our innovative Hitchloks, to heavy duty security chains. We have you covered - Click here

these are really good products that i would recommend, i used to use bulldog until we lost the keys ,we got it off using a long crowbar and sledgehammer in under a minute so not overly impressive!

Wheel clamp or towbar lock?

Their lock hardware looks nice but the security chain not so impressive, 13mm is a bit thin. These guys go a lot thicker

9 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Wheel clamp or towbar lock?

Their lock hardware looks nice but the security chain not so impressive, 13mm is a bit thin. These guys go a lot thicker

i use both to be honest ,but mainly the wheel clamp at the jobs and both at the yard combined with the security post ive concreted in 

8 minutes ago, hedge mong said:

How far are you going to go?

Drag around half a ton of kit to be able to drag kit around.....

All you need is to be sensible and remember everyone is out to rob your kit 24/7 .

Having chains fancy locks etc is not really necessary.

Tell us more how do you secure your kit?

• Like 1

Any clamp can

19 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Hi,

I was going to say 'the best way to stop someone stealing your TW chipper is to paint it black and put Forst stickers on it!' But that would just be childish.

I use a tow ball lock, there are never going to stop a determined thief but they are cheap, small and might just stop an opportunist making off with it.

IMG_4126.jpeg

I will remove that in 4 sec😕Only combo can do something : clamps on wheel,on hitch,inside hitch,sound alarm, tracker not a apple tag, strong gate ,and German Shepard 🤣

28 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

Any clamp can

I will remove that in 4 sec😕Only combo can do something : clamps on wheel,on hitch,inside hitch,sound alarm, tracker not a apple tag, strong gate ,and German Shepard 🤣

And at which point does the damage they do getting in exceeded the cost of a decent tracker and basic common sense security?.

I'm not advocating leaving the keys in the ignition, but you get the idea.

On 20/08/2023 at 14:25, Gordon S said:

Hi,

IMG_4126.jpeg

I used to use these on trailers until I snapped a key in one the other week. A sharp blow with a sledge hammer and it came straight off. Not using them any more. Got the stronghold type now for a bit under a hundred quid seem fairly robust.