Haix trekker mountain 2.0

Arb Alex

3 hours ago, AJStrees said:

Have a pair. But pretty heavy, Good in winter though. I put some dubbin on them to help the leather remain waterproof. I have other haix boots for year round work, they normally last about a year before they start crapping out. 

Can you recommend another haix boot that is just as comfortable but lighter?.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2023 at 10:51, Arb Alex said:

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of this shoe and how the sizing is?.

I'm on my third pair of Haix Trekker Mountain boot. Trekker Mountain 2 is a Class 1 rugged waterproof/Gore-Tex forestry boot. List price £229 + VAT but available  at £207 including VAT and if mentioned or personal use would be £172.50 as VAT exempt. Best to try them on if possible, I order usual boot size, wear various thickness of socks and modify sizing with two different thickness of Haix insoles. They take a bit of breaking in so best to starting wearing them before old boots wear out. They are a bit heavier than some other boots but that will be down to the thickness of leather and rugged construction in general. The boot can be resoled, laces might wear out but only cost £4.50. I climb in them sometimes but don't climb much these days and are mainly used for ground work.  The Protector Light 2.1 is a class 2 lighter boot but not as rugged as Trekker Mountain 2 boot and seems to be designed for light work/sitting in a machine most of the time, weight per boot 995g compared to 1265g with leather not a thick and generally not as robust.

21 hours ago, Arb Alex said:

Can you recommend another haix boot that is just as comfortable but lighter?.

as @Vedhoggarsaid they do a lighter one. Are you specifically asking for chainsaw boots? I use the airpower xr26 boot for general work around the site, they are not chainsaw boots. They are good for getting dirty in though. 

WWW.GOOGLEADSERVICES.COM

• Like 1