Greenmech starting issue

Shaunpaul

57 minutes ago, PeteB said:

You are one warped person with a way with words! 

I think we had to wade through a raft of recommendations from Vanguard, the oxygen sensor had a problem, so did the efi unit and the ecu was uncommonly temperamental!  A mini engine service and quick plug in to the laptop and routine tappet adjustment was the main things. I did get a flat on the M6 taking it back so a new tyre was in the deal too!

Do you think these issues can be traced to engines installed around 2018 or are there more recent Efi engines out there with owners reporting similar issues?

Tbh Stuart, we have a couple of customers who, regrettably,  have had bother. Some we never hear from again! I got folk who don't plug it in, don't reset the tappets and some who skimp on oil changes and theirs survive! I've heard in the industry that others burn away  exhaust gaskets and the loom fry, I had folk with other makes that have myther with electrics and stuff too. But, by and large, the efi unit in the 150/160/165 is holding up to the job!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Back in 2020 Jase took out a court order limiting the number of phone calls I could make to the Service department and I'm not allowed within 500m of GM's Alcester HQ until August 2024

After that, I'm only allowed to ask 3 awkward questions per quarter and when visiting the factory am to be accompanied at all times.

Bit mean really...

Stuart

I’m surprised that Jase didn’t buy you a new Timberwolf out of his own pocket just to get rid of you/pass your wrath onto the competition! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jase hutch said:

I have come close I can tell you 😉

I bet 😆  

The lad put orange plant out of business in the end 😀 

Only joking Stuart.... but just to let you know. It comes in 3's..... i hope you've had your third by now 😆 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, swinny said:

I bet 😆  

The lad put orange plant out of business in the end 😀 

Only joking Stuart.... but just to let you know. It comes in 3's..... i hope you've had your third by now 😆 🤣 

Single handedly re-branded them as Lemon Plant...

• Haha 1

Bad management, poor leadership and dubious business practices did for those boys! Only one depot did any good, the rest were just simply awful! They screwed over people like Mr Lee as they tried to screw there suppliers and countless customers too.

We have two x 1928STC from one customer in our workshop right now, written off with bust engines and too many other faults to be worth repairing.  Jason and I started both with 20 minutes. That depot tried to write them off and get the customer to change to the brand they were selling only. They even put a control bar on upside down and blamed us for sending the wrong one! I've not a good word to say about them on the hole......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Bad management, poor leadership and dubious business practices did for those boys! Only one depot did any good, the rest were just simply awful! They screwed over people like Mr Lee as they tried to screw there suppliers and countless customers too.

We have two x 1928STC from one customer in our workshop right now, written off with bust engines and too many other faults to be worth repairing.  Jason and I started both with 20 minutes. That depot tried to write them off and get the customer to change to the brand they were selling only. They even put a control bar on upside down and blamed us for sending the wrong one! I've not a good word to say about them on the hole......

I won't  discuss this on open forum Pete, nor do I want to argue with you. I believe my tenure was over with some of which you describe. I will ask though about the two x 1928STC, which depot and when ?

PS "whole" 🙂

1 minute ago, roboted said:

I won't  discuss this on open forum Pete, nor do I want to argue with you. I believe my tenure was over with some of which you describe. I will ask though about the two x 1928STC, which depot and when ?

PS "whole" 🙂

I did spot the hole thing like you but wondered if he ment Arsehole but abbreviated? 

Either way I didn't want to say anything 😀