Hydraulic driven log processor.

trigger_andy

I can read dead good me 🙂.

What actual make & model machine are you thinking of running ?.

I spent a lot of time the other year going through hydraulic numbers to do something similar, ended up buying a single cylinder diesel HPU at 30lpm 2500psi to run a splitter.

Edited by GarethM

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Nothing at the rear. It has an open return at that loader controls though. 

I’ll look into the “power beyond plate”, cheers.

I wonder if something like this would work?

WWW.FLOWFITONLINE.COM

Group 2, Aluminium Hydraulic PTO Gearbox and Pump Assembly, 10cc, 16 L/Min, 9.78 kW Output from our range of Agricultural...

I’m afraid giving a spec is beyond my pay grade! I’m a farm boy that can use and repair it! I can go to the hydraulic place and say what I need to do, pay the bill and bolt it all together but I don’t know enough to spec the parts! I’ve given you the best of my limited knowledge, hope it helped 🤣

• Like 3

On 01/06/2023 at 13:28, trigger_andy said:

Im looking into getting a log processor again. I’ve just bought an old Massey Ferguson 50B and since it does not have a PTO I was wondering it a processor could be driven off of the 3rd service?

Jesus Andy, your the probably the best paid guy on here🤔. Invest in an old Major or similar and stop messing about with what is probably a too low a flow and pressure solution for any decent splitter or processor😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

Jesus Andy, your the probably the best paid guy on here🤔. Invest in an old Major or similar and stop messing about with what is probably a too low a flow and pressure solution for any decent splitter or processor😂

Im cutting back on what I earn to avoid excessive taxation. I’m a literal pauper right now. 😁

But your right, I should just get another tractor and a processor. That would free up the loader to hump logs around. 

• Like 1

I paid 1500 quid for this 3 years ago, you probably don't even need to spend 1000 unless you're after something particularly. 

It's missing many bits you don't need, but starts if you even look at the key and runs like a watch all day on bugger all diesel.

Pto powered splitter hasn't been off since I bought it over a year ago 🙃 

20230604_164706.jpg

• Like 1