Foxwood c120pro narrow access chipper relieve

4 minutes ago, scbk said:

Is it not easier to do the chipping out in the garden rather than in the kitchen?

Even if you point the discharge chute out an open window, you'll still get dust all over the crockery!

My kinda humor ! Yes I'd agree, this one was one of those houses in town which originally had a driveway / side access that an extension was built on (same on around 10 houses in a row) I wasn't comfortable bringing brash / logs over the roof and there is no rear or side access to just lift a panel and get in that way even, so we took the chipper through the front door / kitchen (extension on former rear access) then snaked it round though the hall / conservatory onto the decking, down the steps and teird garden to the tree. Customer kept logs for burner and chip for the garden ! So saved a massive drag through a house or taking it over a flat roof extension which I didn't fancy ! (Cs100 was mine prior to c120) if you hadn't guessed my neiche is small awkward jobs as opposed to big kit. Plenty of lads and lasses round here doing normal or "big work" so to speak as in truck / chipper or bigger setups like merlo's biomass chippers etc. Didn't want to step on anyone's toes and don't do it full time so taken up the narrow access / "sh!t jobs" slack ! Quite enjoy it too, like Jenga but with little chippers ! Even more fun when you have to start taking the hoppers off and carrying them though in bits 😂😜

• Like 3

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Like I said, I;m glad you're happy with it.

Enough of this cryptic crap. Who manufactures them in which county?

In the video posted earlier the UK importer says they're made on the Austria-Slovakia border. Which means Slovakia - if they were made in Austria then you would just say Austria :tomato:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scbk said:

In the video posted earlier the UK importer says they're made on the Austria-Slovakia border. Which means Slovakia - if they were made in Austria then you would just say Austria :tomato:

Yes they are made in Slovakia ! Issue with that ? Id love it if someone would make them in Britain but you'd all moan it was 1/3rd more expensive ! I work for a machinery dealer and we do industrial steam cleaners / pressure washers we sell 3 brands all made in Britain going upto around £36k for a pressure washer ! 90 % of people would sooner spend £1500 on a chinese Hyundai or a £2500 KÄRCHER as opposed to a quality british made machine for £3200 ! You cannot win ! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stihl madness 880 said:

M500 doesn't really fit the catagory does it though ? 

Hey, welcome to arbtalk! To be honest I think I partly meant bit strange to get a review out of nowhere, but it is interesting to see how the narrow chippers are evolving. It seems to me for a while after release the CS100, Haeksler, JoBeau ranges didn't change much, then the Chinese chippers have swept through, now the European ones are evolving so I also noticed Haeksler have brought out some different hp models and also an electric drive, Greenmech have brought out the CS80, JoBeau seem to have tweaked models but not changed much.

I would say M500 is absolutely the same category - narrow access , 12cm chipping, same hp as the Foxwood. Like you I do my own jobs part time, I see all the advantages of a narrow access chipper, save a lot of dragging etc etc.

Price wise I guess it's the most expensive of the bunch being European built and hydrostatic drive but to me the drive is almost essential, makes moving it around safer and effortless. Thursdays job was bits and pieces round a sloping churchyard, would have been a right ballache dragging everything back up the hill at the end.

Also 50cm blades are expensive but it means that any Y you can bend and fit in the hopper is going to go straight down and chip, this saves a lot of snedding.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 17:21, Dan Maynard said:

Hey, welcome to arbtalk! To be honest I think I partly meant bit strange to get a review out of nowhere, but it is interesting to see how the narrow chippers are evolving. It seems to me for a while after release the CS100, Haeksler, JoBeau ranges didn't change much, then the Chinese chippers have swept through, now the European ones are evolving so I also noticed Haeksler have brought out some different hp models and also an electric drive, Greenmech have brought out the CS80, JoBeau seem to have tweaked models but not changed much.

I would say M500 is absolutely the same category - narrow access , 12cm chipping, same hp as the Foxwood. Like you I do my own jobs part time, I see all the advantages of a narrow access chipper, save a lot of dragging etc etc.

Price wise I guess it's the most expensive of the bunch being European built and hydrostatic drive but to me the drive is almost essential, makes moving it around safer and effortless. Thursdays job was bits and pieces round a sloping churchyard, would have been a right ballache dragging everything back up the hill at the end.

Also 50cm blades are expensive but it means that any Y you can bend and fit in the hopper is going to go straight down and chip, this saves a lot of snedding.

Sorry about the slightly "sales" review ! I'm just good with specs 😂, I also try not to post on here due to the flack. Seems if you're not taking the p!ss it's no good. Having done some research on the M500 it is a nice machine ! Didn't know it had 50cm long blades ! But due to the nature of the narrow access work I do I feel it'd be to heavy / cumbersome to take though houses ! I'd be concerned putting that much weight on internal floors / decking and stairs etc. part of the reason I chose the foxwood was it's narrow access / towable chassis interchange system as I knew I could get a fabricator to fabricate a subframe / adapter plate for me to mount the foxwood on a 500kg petrol tracked barrow meaning I could take it most anywhere over rough terrain. But still be able to go back to the narrow access wheels that it came with, it the rough tow trailer kit option ! Like I said I had the opportunity to buy a gtm gts1800r @ trade but didn't like the fact the discharge chute was only 270 swivel as opposed to the foxwood's 360 chute ! The chip deflector atop the gtm's spout also has far less range of movement than the foxwood meaning it's almost impossible to chip into a tight pile / ton bag ! The foxwood chute is also much higher allowing for chipping into a tipper even with the lower tailboard closed. I also wasn't keen on the springloaded belt tensioner on the gtm, I'm sure it'd be fine but from my experience in garden machinery & forestry / arb maintenance and repair a bolted tensioner as in the foxwood sits better with me. And the fact you cannot separate the gtm from the tracked barrow and fit narrow access wheels to the chipper as well as a skip to the barrow means it's a one trick pony ! Where as the foxwood is a wheeled narrow access chipper, an off-road towable low ground pressure chipper ideal for golf courses etc. As well as a  mini tracked chipper and the barrow can still be used as a tracked barrow when needed !  And it's not @ 11500 + vat like the gtm which is Chinese made ! Not saying its a bad thing but in my opinion £11500 is a lot for a Chinese 300mm drum chipper on a Chinese tracked barrow even with the 21hp gx630 honda ! If it was a bit more refined and came with a skip for the barrow and wheels for the chipper it'd be a bit more tempting but still a lot !

20221102_120200.thumb.jpg.c1b9d415122f12df150501e8c3e2a018.jpghttps://www.de-wild.cn/English/