SKY/BT/VIRGIN TV AND BROADBAND PACKAGES

topchippyles

On a different forum i use there is a thread on the recent prices rises people pay for Tv and broadband. Quite a few have had good deals by haggling thought i would start a thread may help save you a few bob. 

Edited by topchippyles

Daughter and son in law have just ditched there sky package that was £116 a month, they came to the end of there contract at the end of march so they gave sky there 28 day notice that is required, sky came back with a offer for the same package for £65 a month, this went on for about 3wk via email and phone calls and skys final offer was £27 a mth for same package so John asked sky if they where still making money at £27 and they answered yes, so he just said i now feel i have been ripped off by sky for many years and i wont be renewing any services with you again,, since this i now know of several who have gone down the same rout with sky, my broadband is due to get changed soon, so i will keep an eye on this thread,,  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

Daughter and son in law have just ditched there sky package that was £116 a month, they came to the end of there contract at the end of march so they gave sky there 28 day notice that is required, sky came back with a offer for the same package for £65 a month, this went on for about 3wk via email and phone calls and skys final offer was £27 a mth for same package so John asked sky if they where still making money at £27 and they answered yes, so he just said i now feel i have been ripped off by sky for many years and i wont be renewing any services with you again,, since this i now know of several who have gone down the same rout with sky, my broadband is due to get changed soon, so i will keep an eye on this thread,,  

Seems to be the case. With virgin you can cancel if they raise the prices without a penalty even if you are only 3 months into a contract. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Seems to be the case. With virgin you can cancel if they raise the prices without a penalty even if you are only 3 months into a contract. 

Been with bt for years. Cost about £65 a month for fast fibre 

there’s probably cheaper options out there but it’s reliable and runs without a hitch. I have 3 of their extenders chained from the kitchen to the garage and then my office to give good enough speed to the bottom of the garden.

plus with a bt account I can access bt wifi almost anywhere.

good reminder though as I’m out of contract so might call to haggle with them on the price 

• Like 2

Sky the biggest rip off there is. 

I know a few people that pay over £120 and thats not even the whole package and you have to pay extra to use in different rooms. 

I was explaining that its far cheaper to use Now for everything Sky as there are always deals and you can pay as you go. 

I once got sky entertainment and movies on Now for £90 for the whole year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treevolution said:

Sky the biggest rip off there is. 

I know a few people that pay over £120 and thats not even the whole package and you have to pay extra to use in different rooms. 

I was explaining that its far cheaper to use Now for everything Sky as there are always deals and you can pay as you go. 

I once got sky entertainment and movies on Now for £90 for the whole year. 

Constant repeats on most channels . Looks like sky monopoly on the football may be coming to an end that would hit them massive.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Premier League bosses are discussing the notion of cutting out the middle man when it comes to showing live games with plans to broadcast matches via their own platform

Bought a smart phone outright several years ago and then a sim only vodaphone package for £12 a month years ago and I’m already quids in🤔. Recently got rid of BT land line and Broadband and taken out a Vodaphone landline, broadband and mobile phone sim only package for Mrs and me for £47 a month. A lot cheaper than BT and separate mob phone packages. Broadband no worse that BTs which was rubbish. Have never had Sky because I probably watch too much crap on telly as it is without scrolling more channels. Only downside was when England rugby went to satellite for home games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Are you sending each person who responds to this thread a PM trying to flog them one of your illegal sticks? 🤣

Talking the usual bollocks again andrew anyone is quite entitled to reply to the question you asked. 😁