Greenmech stump grinder

Connagh

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

Engine parts are easy enough, machine parts are same as predator 450 or the equivalent machine so yes would be easy enough, what you needing ?

Nothing At the moment we only use 30-50 days a year just got fed up of hiring and this one came up for £2000 5 miles down the road just needs a good rub down then primed and sprayed should look like new hopefully 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Connagh said:

Nothing At the moment we only use 30-50 days a year just got fed up of hiring and this one came up for £2000 5 miles down the road just needs a good rub down then primed and sprayed should look like new hopefully 

It doesn't need to look like new. I'd put far more emphasis on changing the oil, filters and belts and making sure the teeth are all sharp.

30-50 days a year is more than enough work to warrant some substantial investment in a decent machine in my book. That sounds like a great deal that will make it's money back in no time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, doobin said:

It doesn't need to look like new. I'd put far more emphasis on changing the oil, filters and belts and making sure the teeth are all sharp.

30-50 days a year is more than enough work to warrant some substantial investment in a decent machine in my book. That sounds like a great deal that will make it's money back in no time.

Spot on. Looks mean nothing really. 

I ran a vermeer sc252 for 8 years I paid 2800 for and had to do a bit of work. That thing has paid for itself time and time again. It's been retired now as I went for a tracked machine. But when I sell it I hope I can find someone to get as much enjoyment and brass out of it as I did!

On another note. There's a lot of firms out there going out with mega fancy kit for buttons and I don't really know how they can make it work.... 

More bang for your buck with good second hand in my opinion

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, swinny said:

On another note. There's a lot of firms out there going out with mega fancy kit for buttons and I don't really know how they can make it work.... 

More bang for your buck with good second hand in my opinion

That will increasingly become the case as interest rates rise, new machinery prices rise, and secondhand kit lags as economy outlook and possibly lack of work and rising costs keep a lid on s/h prices with the possibility of some distressed seller bargains.

But as a point of order, anyone with newish kit secured at pre-covid prices on five year pre-covid interest rate deals (2% flat rate) may have an easier time than you suspect of making the payments. The interest payable over a year on my many machines is usually around two days hire charges.

Edited by doobin
  • Like 2

It’s had oil changes etc should hopefully be using it in two weeks on a large apple tree after we remove the tree I’ve always liked a machine which also looks tidy on the eye always reflects well on the business as many people always say about the van

it came with a set of brand new teeth also just a shame it needs rubbing down priming and spraying stop the rust getting too bad should hopefully last many more years to come 

797F3607-F5D3-40DC-9B61-7890E48A672F.jpeg

• Like 2