Telehandler question

steve@black

47 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

2m3 bucket on telehandler took 54 trips to load a walking floor bulker, Loading shovel took 17 with tip-on-lip grain bucket

I run a 2m3 bucket on an older jcb 527-58.... that bucket in the pile can make the back end buck a bit lol (very long in the bottom)  good bucket though. I may bang some antifreeze and water in the back tyres though next. 

Edited by swinny

6 minutes ago, Brushcutter said:

We have a JCB 526-56 which is 5.6m reach. It will fill a grain lorry but it is a little tight on reach. 7m with a 3 tonne lift is really the minimum to be useful. Had a Kramer 5 tonne 10m reach machine on demo 2 weeks ago. Let's just say it was too much machine as it had more push than grain store wall had restraint 

Everything about that sounds expensive.

54 minutes ago, AHPP said:

You're such a fabulously transparent leaker. You're going to put a builder's car on top of his other car.

That would be pretty funny, yeah. I'll file it away for future Yeah, that would be pretty funny. I'll file that suggestion away for future use.

We actually need to lift 2 loads of plasterboard up to a balcony, first one is 1.4 tons for 60 sheets of 12.5mm, it'd be handy if we didn't need to split it down into smaller loads first. Second load is a little lighter.
I'll ask the fella with the tractor tomorrow. Just want to be as quick as possible, he's doing us a favour.

13 minutes ago, peds said:

That would be pretty funny, yeah. I'll file it away for future Yeah, that would be pretty funny. I'll file that suggestion away for future use.

We actually need to lift 2 loads of plasterboard up to a balcony, first one is 1.4 tons for 60 sheets of 12.5mm, it'd be handy if we didn't need to split it down into smaller loads first. Second load is a little lighter.
I'll ask the fella with the tractor tomorrow. Just want to be as quick as possible, he's doing us a favour.

Plasterboard is fragile modern shit. Send it back and send up tongue and groove softwood on a push pull ski lift.Two Petzl Fixes, two alpine butterflies, two slings. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, swinny said:

I run a 2m3 bucket on an older jcb 527-58.... that bucket in the pile can make the back end buck a bit lol (very long in the bottom)  good bucket though. I may bang some antifreeze and water in the back tyres though next. 

I should say I only did one lorry but I was too slow so the lorry driver normally did it, 535-12 IIRC, and he kept the boom extended several feet all the time.

Edited by openspaceman
number wrong

I mean, I definitely don't disagree with you. And we were going to do one room paneled in beech face ply instead of gyproc, but the economics of the situation got the better of us, and here we are.

We are doing 66m² of t+g softwood in a couple of weeks though! All handball though, no ski lift needed.

But this is basically all a lot of distraction to hide the fact that you don't know what the fella's big red tractor can lift. No biggie, I was just making conversation really.

7 minutes ago, peds said:

I mean, I definitely don't disagree with you. And we were going to do one room paneled in beech face ply instead of gyproc, but the economics of the situation got the better of us, and here we are.

We are doing 66m² of t+g softwood in a couple of weeks though! All handball though, no ski lift needed.

But this is basically all a lot of distraction to hide the fact that you don't know what the fella's big red tractor can lift. No biggie, I was just making conversation really.

It can lift more when it has more people standing on the back linkage. Hope that helps. Bill in the post.

• Haha 1