Value my Stihl AV031

cocojambo

Working Saw,runs and cuts amazing, insanely responsive, sits dry, no leaks/drips, sharp chain, new pull cord, new spark plug. Made in West Germany, mainly metal construction.

Bit rough around the edges, rear handle is damaged but has been made usable, kill switch missing so turnoff with choke.

PXL_20230324_142032042.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141847158.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141842112.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141832786.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141826454.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141810940.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141751828.MP.jpg

PXL_20230324_141732393.MP.jpg

Edited by cocojambo
additional info

30 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I am not sure what you are after.

Are you wanting to sell it?

Are you wanting a value on it?

Are you an antique collector?

Its and old Stihl chainsaw that will rattle

a regular users hands to pieces.

Hi Rich,

Yeah to sell it

Edited by cocojambo
Mistake

I am a collector of older, rarer saws and sold my 031AV back end of last year to make way for a nice 048AV. I listed it on the 'bay' it wasn't pristine, but started and ran and was complete. I got £125.00 for it.

That's about the figure you should expect. Anything cheaper is a steal for someone as they are getting more collectable. Give it a good clean and take lots of decent pics with a good honest description- and offer delivery as you will get more for it. Someone won't buy it to use it regularly- will be part of a collection as a shelf queen. As for £50....you will get a lot more than that if you stripped it and sold off the parts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

Would that be because they dont make parts for them any longer?

Not necessarily, although aside from consumable items, most parts new are obsolete from Stihl now. The duromatic bar and chain together are worth £25 alone. Chain cover...another £15, top cover, £20...there's £60 quid without thinking about it too much....even if those parts were still available new (I know the bar and chain are) they would cost a lot more than that so would still sell even if available new.

• Like 1