Kretzschmaria in beech.

Dilz

4 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

How much would you charge for felling and removing that?

Over here it would be about 50k plus vat.

I would crane it down, timber driven off on day one. Then chip into a 30 yard skip on day two.

Presumably that’s Krone. €4300, strong money for that but certainly warranted.

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Presumably that’s Krone. €4300, strong money for that but certainly warranted.

€1200 Crane

€400 Container

€1200 Big Chipper

€960 Wages for two men for two days

Alot of firms might put €6000 on that. I can go in cheaper because I own a crane fed chipper and wont need three men on that job. Just me and a groundy.

Grapple saw truck 2x30m3 containers on the truck + another truck and container to swing by to keep the grapple on site instead of doing a lunch time tip off. stand around myself most the day and hop up myself to do the cuts on the larger timber as they are craned off.  1 day in good weather... missus would be pissed  when the garden is full of beech logs ill never get round to milling.  

self employed tax here is 51% base rate. virtually no tax free earnings limit and vat / moms is 25%. but labour costs are subsidized to stop cash under the table.

if i took 10000kr ink moms from a client as profit after expenses  id be left with under 4000kr in beer tokens which is about 4 beers in Scandinvia. So yes idiots would put 30000 on it and then the sky is the limit here. 50000kr would be competitive for this job with out much room for delay and error 

32 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

How much would you do it for Monsieur?

Everything depend on logistics, is there a local firewood guy with a tractor and grab who’ll take the wood for free (or even pay?) someone who’ll take the chip nearby? (Maybe aforementioned firewood guy as a sweetener)

If so €3k plus purchase tax, two days climbing and lowering max.

If you have to clear everything off site yourself, and the yard is a bit of a trek away, then break out the calculator and do your sums.

Edit:

Thats 3 guys plus Avant and 10 inch chipper btw

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dilz said:

was working alongside grapple saws over a decade ago in Sweden. 

Addressed principally to the French contingent. I'm well aware from your tall neighbour on here that Scandinavia is a land of milk, honey and well specified machines.