Has anyone tried a Echo CS-2511TESC ?

Cuttup

Yes I have. It is my go to tophandle for pruning and early stage of dismantles, unless I want to use my battery one for peace and quiet. To put it in perpective if I could only have one top handled saw model this is what I would choose, and simply change over to the MS261 when needing something bigger. The 201T is a great saw, but as an older climber with hands and wrists that are no longer young and strong I do need to use the Echo as much as possible.

• Like 2

I find it to be a very good saw: it’s light, economical on fuel, very manoeuvrable and easy to handle with lots of power.

A climber brought one in on his first day working with me a few years back and I got to use it myself, thought how good it was; then bought one. 

• Like 1

The 2511tesc is brilliant saw. The C means it comes with 1/4 pitch carving bar which is solid nose which some folk can't stand. Some dealerships may offer a roller nose bar at extra cost, that bar comes in 12" as standard on the wesc model

• Like 1

Sounds like a good wee saw.

I suppose I just need to make sure I'm getting the right class.

The majority of my work is dismantling. I suppose I would just need to use a bigger saw a bit sooner when taking trees apart, as the pay off to having a lower power/smaller top saw

1 minute ago, Cuttup said:

Sounds like a good wee saw.

I suppose I just need to make sure I'm getting the right class.

The majority of my work is dismantling. I suppose I would just need to use a bigger saw a bit sooner when taking trees apart, as the pay off to having a lower power/smaller top saw

I think it will surprise you on what it will handle , I have had 4/5 of them now but the one I got from where Gand works seems have been the best one , I dunno if they fettled with the carb or something before it went out… one I got from the arb show last year seems to have the makings of another temperamental pile of shit though, I need to have a play with the carb as the low jet seems high.. would still take it over a 150 though. 

• Like 1