Post Brexit Work in the EU

Hi folks,

Past few years I have spent a couple of months in the summer travelling through Europe racing mountain bikes, this year I'm looking into trying to get some tree work while I'm out there to see some different techniques and work with some new firms in new areas.

Does anyone have any info regarding working out there as what would effectively be a subbie climber now Brexit has happened? Or have any experience doing it in the past few years!

Cheers

AL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

Trig are you restricted on daily data allowance and speed like the uk guys on the rigs. My brother is doing some stuff and finding this. 2 Gig data only per day 

Hey Les.

I (regrettably) volunteered to do a trip in the U.K. sector earlier this year. To say it was a step back in time is an understatement. 

To think this is what folk in the U.K. come to believe is an acceptable wage it’s little wonder those in Arb here are happy accepting this without question 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Trig are you restricted on daily data allowance and speed like the uk guys on the rigs. My brother is doing some stuff and finding this. 2 Gig data only per day 

I can live and work within the EU with my family (if I wish) (I don’t) unhindered til 2025.Then I’d need to apply again to live/work in the EU. 

For me my residence card just saves me getting a stamp in my passport each time I come to work but the smug satisfaction of skipping the “Brexit” line and saving an hour (at least) at border over the disgusting  c*nts that (vocally)  voted to to remain is sweet sweet music to my ears. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I can live and work within the EU with my family (if I wish) (I don’t) unhindered til 2025.Then I’d need to apply again to live/work in the EU. 

For me my residence card just saves me getting a stamp in my passport each time I come to work but the smug satisfaction of skipping the “Brexit” line and saving an hour (at least) at border over the disgusting  c*nts that (vocally)  voted to to remain is sweet sweet music to my ears. 

So are you restricted on daily data allowance and speed like the uk guys on the rigs andrew 

On 01/03/2023 at 23:03, Foggy said:

Hi folks,

Past few years I have spent a couple of months in the summer travelling through Europe racing mountain bikes, this year I'm looking into trying to get some tree work while I'm out there to see some different techniques and work with some new firms in new areas.

Does anyone have any info regarding working out there as what would effectively be a subbie climber now Brexit has happened? Or have any experience doing it in the past few years!

Cheers

AL

It won’t be easy, that much I can tell you. The hoop jumping will be beyond anything you have experienced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topchippyles said:

So are you restricted on daily data allowance and speed like the uk guys on the rigs andrew 

In Norway? No. You obviously don’t get a phone signal but the internet is as fast as at home. In my case faster as my home Wi-fi is crap. Can steam movies from your cabin. Everyone has a phone in their cabin that you can call international numbers. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 22:03, Foggy said:

Hi folks,

Cheers

AL

what sort of bike racing you doing??

sorry cant help with the actual question mind.

carl

14 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It won’t be easy, that much I can tell you. The hoop jumping will be beyond anything you have experienced.

At least as far as France is concerned but those expat outfits in Germany were quite vocal in their insistence that Brexit was no barrier to employment in the Euro Zone.

Not heard anything from them for months mind...

• Like 1