What is this saw under the plastic

Echo

Well it would seem on another site, that that Stiga is related to the Makita in the engine department, I must look for another link, where a guy puts a two ring un modified piston into one. Seems the drawback is, this small saw is built on a rather large chassis. I still say from all I see online it cuts better than I would expect for its 1.6kw rating, the 38cc engine must have something to do with it given its a few cc 's more than other 1.6kw engines.

Look at this Hyundai, anyone who knows the 7900 Series Makita's will see it, they are out there, Makita's in disguise.

Makita-Hyundai con saw.jpg

Edited by Echo

A guy from Romania on another site states,

"The twist its they changed some in the carb compartment. Not entirely true to the original. At least on the bigger versions. Some mashup between a Zenoah cylinder and the Dolmar case."

Pity they did not keep the plastics Dolmar / Makita used too, make parts for the D & M saws available

as they seem to be drying up.

Rest assured its not dolmar or makita....referring to your original question, that is and not that disc cutter

But the crankcases are an  identical shape in the parts diagrams I linked how do you explain that?

There are some weird fake looking russian makitas also dunno if there related in anyway......

Shavey &  wyk are the makita experts.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, pleasant said:

Seems to be a bit of deja vu with your questioning and the stiga brand

https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/124362-stiga-chainsaws-any-good/

13 hours ago, pleasant said:

Seems to be a bit of deja vu with your questioning and the stiga brand

https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/124362-stiga-chainsaws-any-good/

Well, I never quite got any conclusive evidence regarding what Stiga

were using to power their saws, they are cheap now too, 50.00 less

at one outlet, and I may go and fondle one to see what I can see,

they seem to be split case in one area, and clam shell in another.

Thank you for pointing out I had previously asked about the brand,

I take it you don't sell Stiga Chainsaws and cant enlighten me regarding whats what with them.

Edited by Echo

15 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Wonder if that's Chinese rip off of Makita as been around for a while, or if Makita are licensing the design as a way to make money now they've stopped production anyway...

Hyundai have plants in China, no idea though whether that saw is built with the Makita engine,

but Makita were also making Saws in China, anything is possible these days.

Edited by Echo